GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI and Nurburgring Sticker

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
Dr. Woo said:
But here's the thing...those who know about the sticker will say that this is akin to wearing the "I Voted" sticker without having voted.

Perhaps a better analogy would be someone putting the gay pride sticker on their car because it "looks pretty," not knowing what it really means.

Amen. Take the sticker off until you earn it.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
tstalion79 said:
Amen. Take the sticker off until you earn it.

Looks great... But I'd also take it off and keep it in a safe place until you've done a lap of the track... :thumbdown:

It's like wearing war medals without actually going into battle... (and from all reports, the 'ring is an automotive frontline... Just ask Nikki Lauda)

Last edited:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
Don't drive this thing too far, guys. If the guy wants to put that sticker on it, let him do it.

You're right, he's more than welcome to put the sticker on, but he asked for opinions and got them...

If it were me, I just wouldn't put it on there until I'd done a lap of the Nordschleife.

GTI2007

tstalion79 said:
you aren't supposed to wear that sticker unless you've driven your car on the ring. its kinda the same thing for very extreme skiing facilities; you can't have the sticker unless you have made it down the mountain.

take it off.

How on earth can a owner of a NA GTI drive on the Nürburgring with his NA GTI. You can't take her with you if you travel to Germany.

tstalion79

Autocross Newbie
I'm not sure what NA stands for, but lots of people take their cars overseas to drive the ring.

Do you mean naturally aspriated?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
North American.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I don't think it's needs to be your own car... But at least the same model... There's a few hire car companies in Germany that hire out Golf GTI's... That'd be close enough for me to stick one on the bcak of my actual car after a trip to the ring...

That's just me tho...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Wow... Do you Mods never sleep??? :confused:

Seriously tho, I'd be cool if VW did European Delivery, like BMW do.

Imagine taking delivery of your GTI at the factory in Wolfsburg, getting a tour of the Phaeton "transparent factory" in Dresden and getting to drive your own GTI around Europe before having it shipped back to your home country... :thumbup: