GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI DSG Service Issue - Please Help

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Its a certain temperature window for checking level. If you've just driven over there it will be too hot so he will need to let it cool down at least a bit.

Who cares what’s in there if it’s being replaced? The level it’s at when it’s brought in is irrelevant; I don’t understand why it would need to sit at all.

1. Drain hot fluid
2. Insert snorkel
3. Pump in 5l of new fluid
4. Do the level setting procedure once the fluid is up to temp
5. Drain bolt and done.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
If we want to dumb this process down even more a lot people especially the TDI dudes have just been draining and dumping in 5L and calling it a day for years now with no apparent issues...Who knows if the .3 really makes a difference.

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG
Its a certain temperature window for checking level. If you've just driven over there it will be too hot so he will need to let it cool down at least a bit.
Makes sense...glad this guy actually cares about small details like this rather than the other guy who wung it

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG
Who cares what’s in there if it’s being replaced? The level it’s at when it’s brought in is irrelevant; I don’t understand why it would need to sit at all.

1. Drain hot fluid
2. Insert snorkel
3. Pump in 5l of new fluid
4. Do the level setting procedure once the fluid is up to temp
5. Drain bolt and done.
Yeah that's how to do full service but if you read my post I'm saying the original service was done incorrectly and I'm trying to fix it without having to buy 5 more litres of transmission fluid

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If we want to dumb this process down even more a lot people especially the TDI dudes have just been draining and dumping in 5L and calling it a day for years now with no apparent issues...Who knows if the .3 really makes a difference.
Yeah....I doubt it makes much of a difference to be honest at least on a normal driven street car, despite VWs exacting process. A slight overfill could potentially contribute to faster overheating on a track day, say, which could trip a protection circuit. But the jobs easy enough to do right, so might as well.

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG
Got this fixed...took it to a proper VW guy and he said he had to add 3/4 of a litre to get it right.

This was my first thread and you guys were very helpful, thank you! About to start another one to complain about a different issue 😂 😂