GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MPG

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank? If I REALLY try I can get 320 miles before my fuel light goes off. I usually average 250-300 miles on a full tank maximum. I am wondering if I just have a really heavy foot or if this is average.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I average 25-27 miles per gallon. That's based on miles driven divided by gallons filled.

Yours seems really low.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I drive more around city, I get around 325 miles per tank

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I average 25-27 miles per gallon. That's based on miles driven divided by gallons filled.

Yours seems really low.

Doesn't your upgraded build have anything to do with it though?

I am so curious because I feel like I don't have that heavy of a foot. I try not to go over 3 - 3.5k rpms at most. Sometimes I will hit the 4k mark because i like hearing my exhaust but I don't gun it or anything.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Completely stock and my best is 400 on a tank. May have been able to do 410 or 415 but didn't want to run out of gas. And that was a 5 hour drive from Santa Clarita to Sacramento. Hauling ass, made it there in 5 hours flat. But, I usually get between 350-390.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Completely stock and my best is 400 on a tank. May have been able to do 410 or 415 but didn't want to run out of gas. And that was a 5 hour drive from Santa Clarita to Sacramento. Hauling ass, made it there in 5 hours flat. But, I usually get between 350-390.

How is that even possible? Do you drive mostly city or highway? I'm starting to feel like my car is defective -.-

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
In June/July of this year I achieved my personal best of 375 miles to the tank (29mpg manually calculated) in mixed driving (30-40% highway), back to back (same pump). I was really trying to be economical, keeping the traffic pattern/lights in mind, and 62-65mph on the highway. I even didn't allow my wife to drive the car during this period. Otherwise, 260-330 miles to the tank (~12.5 gallons) seems to be the norm for me as the car is not a daily commuter with consistent travel patterns.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Best MPG - 37.37 MPG
Longest Tank - 423 miles
Worst MPG - 24.82 MPG
Average tank - 30.1 MPG
Average tank is about 372 miles but I'm usually not at empty when I fill up.

*all figures above are calculated*

My the stats in my fuelly might be a bit weird because I'm importing the info from gas cubby and I think some items got messed up.

Last edited:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I am so curious because I feel like I don't have that heavy of a foot. I try not to go over 3 - 3.5k rpms at most. Sometimes I will hit the 4k mark because i like hearing my exhaust but I don't gun it or anything.

Ugh I hate hearing posts like this. Driving the GTI does not mean shifting below 3k RPMS, lol. I drive mine daily and take her up to 6k in first, second, usually 3rd, and shift for maximum power when I'm tooling around like an ass. SOMETIMES hit 4k!? You sir, need to drive harder.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Wot every on ramp. So multiple times a day. I'm stock but 80% freeway and the city driving i do is constant at 50mph for a little while at a time. 340 to the tank max

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank? If I REALLY try I can get 320 miles before my fuel light goes off. I usually average 250-300 miles on a full tank maximum. I am wondering if I just have a really heavy foot or if this is average.

Yours seems really low.

In June/July of this year I achieved my personal best of 375 miles to the tank (29mpg manually calculated) in mixed driving (30-40% highway), back to back (same pump). I was really trying to be economical, keeping the traffic pattern/lights in mind, and 62-65mph on the highway. I even didn't allow my wife to drive the car during this period. Otherwise, 260-330 miles to the tank (~12.5 gallons) seems to be the norm for me as the car is not a daily commuter with consistent travel patterns.

Best MPG - 37.37 MPG
Longest Tank - 423 miles
Worst MPG - 24.82 MPG
Average tank - 30.1 MPG
Average tank is about 372 miles but I usually not at empty when I fill up.

*all figures above are calculated*

My the stats in my fuelly might be a bit weird because I'm importing the info from gas cubby and I think some items got messed up.

Wot every on ramp. So multiple times a day. I'm stock but 80% freeway and the city driving i do is constant at 50mph for a little while at a time. 340 to the tank max

Dooger213

Passed Driver's Ed
Win^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk