GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs SI comparisons

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Have you heard enough of all the crapola GTI vs SI? And why some (don't know why because this is a GTI site) prefer the SI over the GTI.
Yes, I am very bias toward the GTI (duh, that's why I'm here). And enough is enough already. We are here (I hope) because we all share a Common Passion -- the GTI.

If I wanted to hear how great the SI is, I'd go and join an SI site and buy one. And that would never happen!!!!:barf:

Last edited:

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
The GTI will never escape the comparisons versus the Si.

That said, if you don't want to talk about the Si, why start a new thread that will only start more talking about the Si?

Diggums

Go Kart Champion
I found it helpful when I was considering which car to buy. If it wasnt for the comparisons and reviews here and on other sites I may not have ended up getting the VW. These sites put the VW on my "To Test Drive" list and ultimately led to me buying one.

I think it is a common thing for people buying a car to compare it to other cars in its class. I can see what you are saying though. As a solution why not create a sticky thread for GTI vs Si posts?

:drinking:

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
I absolulety agree!! There's too much attention given at comparisons between these two cars. Just shut up and drive. What ever car you drive. Mine is the GTI and I love driving it. :burnrubber:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Thank God someone brought this up. Enough is way more than enough. The same 2 or 3 things are being said every thread. This is not a car comparison site, rather a place where people that have a common interest can interact about their common interest.

I realize some people that are members here are on the fence between whether or not to buy a Civic or a GTI. Read what we have to say and take it with a grain of salt. Then, go drive both and pick the one that suits you best.

There's alway going to be a car that's better or worse, different or similar, unless maybe this was a Carerra GT Forum. It's almost like people are intimidated by the Civic or something. Why else would so much discussion go into that car? Let's stop worrying about the competition, huh?

If you MUST discuss, please use the off topic/everything else forum. I have no way to enforce this obviously, it's just a request, but I think I share the same opinion of others.

Thanks again for taking the initiatve WildHare:clap:

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Well, other than the fact that you started yet another thread, these cars are considered lifelong rivals, and as long as either one exists, there are going to be discussions and comparisons. These are the facts, and they are undisputed. I've said it once, and I'l say it again; you can't get away from the fact that they are both great cars, fanboy horseshyte aside in both camps. And as long as each company forces the other to up the ante, we ALL win because we all get to drive our well sorted compact performance vehicle of choice.

Hell i wish some Euro-only rides like the Focus ST and the Renault Menange were here to really set the competition off; but it's about your personal preference. I just don't get why some of you cats take it so personally; they are cars, drive whatever the hell floats your boat, and enjoy your motoring. Who gives a flying f#$k what anyone else thinks? Are they making your payments? No? Then f#$k 'em if they can't take a joke.

there is that whole, free-country-democracy-talk-about-whatever-the-hell-we-want factor as well.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
^ I think you missed the point of the initial post. You CAN talk about whatever the piss you want. Why do it here though?

The same things are being said every freaking post.

1. "Well if they would have tested a manual/DSG..." or vice versa

2. "Well, if they would test it without the crappy all season tires then..."

3. "Well the civic isn't as nice inside so..."

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
Everyone has the option of not reading a thread. I agree that the comparisons are pointless at this...umm...point, but no one forces you to read or take part in every thread.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
It only shows what kind of guys are here to be kind and open to conversation from fellow car enthusiasts who happen to own the Si. I'm still just a Neon puke owner, but I'm getting close. I'm having to trade my wife's car and get her an automatic then my GTI will be next!!!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Moderators are just around the bend....

If we had 'em they'd move the GTI vs SI stuff to: Off - Topic/Other Cars/Everything Else TOPIC.

RaLLyE ReD Si

Passed Driver's Ed
Wild Hare said:
Have you heard enough of all the crapola GTI vs SI? And why some (don't know why because this is a GTI site) prefer the SI over the GTI.
Yes, I am very bias toward the GTI (duh, that's why I'm here). And enough is enough already. We are here (I hope) because we all share a Common Passion -- the GTI.

If I wanted to hear how great the SI is, I'd go and join an SI site and buy one. And that would never happen!!!!:barf:

-I Own the new Si and i know enoguh about cars and my specially my car and what ive read about the GTI to conlclude that the GTI is a badass car. I love hatches and it just looks like its saying,"imma whoop some ass" when you look at it from the front. I also love my car for everything it is. Who cares about all the talk? Everyone is making it like our cars are like arch enemies or something. And i know that the GTi is clearly the faster car of the two. So here, your hearing about how great the GTi is coming from an Si owner.

The real enemy=Cobalt SS/SC
Read places that they could destroy my car/rsx-S and the GTi by "lil"......hahahaha
the SI......maybe.....GTi....they're messing with the wrong animal.....
just my 2 cents on another car ours cars get compared 2....

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
I vote for more threads NOT comparing the GTI to the Si.

Please note, I am NOT talking about the Si in this post. Oh, wait.

PS: More Cowbell!!!

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Teknophreak said:
Everyone has the option of not reading a thread. I agree that the comparisons are pointless at this...umm...point, but no one forces you to read or take part in every thread.

I thought that was the point. If I don't read every thread, I might actually have to do something productive at work with all my extra time. . .