GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

armedferret

Ready to race!
Is that a fact? Damn I learn something every day. Amazing what you can learn from watching cartoons and installing stuff that makes your guns work poorly.

Cartoons can be more educational and informative than watching the news. Unless your life revolves around what celebrities do and say, of course.

The bolt catch was installed by Mega before it was even shipped to the retailer who then shipped it to my FFL. But I guess it's fun to assume things. Just watch out for what it makes you look like. ;)

You do understand the concept of "manufacturer defect" and "design flaw", yes? (that's a hint as to why you look like a cunt for assuming it had anything to do with me installing something) Later MATEN examples are in fact different in the bolt catch location, which illustrates their acknowledgement the earlier ones were flawed. Their unwillingness to fix or replace the flawed receiver is unfortunate, but I'm actually quite over it now that I've managed to fix it on my own. it's amazing what you can learn from actually being polite, asking for advice, and not being afraid to try different approaches to problem-solving.

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
armedferret wrote:
Their unwillingness to fix or replace the flawed receiver is unfortunate, but I'm actually quite over it now that I've managed to fix it on my own. it's amazing what you can learn from actually being polite, asking for advice, and not being afraid to try different approaches to problem-solving.
Like I said, I learn something every day. Thanks kindly for the info.

EDIT: Lame smart-ass comment deleted. Apologies to all for cluttering the thread.

Last edited:

wordsthatiwrote

Ready to race!
If it hasn't already been said, please practice safe ownership.
Never get too confident because all it takes is one slip to drastically alter your life or someone else's.

With that out of the way, ill be sure to post later this evening.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If it hasn't already been said, please practice safe ownership.
Never get too confident because all it takes is one slip to drastically alter your life or someone else's.

With that out of the way, ill be sure to post later this evening.
Well said.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
So, is anyone else hooked on Forgotten Weapons? I could watch this stuff all day. Good YouTube channel that I highly reccomend to any history buffs or people interested in the older shit, like me :D

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So, is anyone else hooked on Forgotten Weapons? I could watch this stuff all day. Good YouTube channel that I highly reccomend to any history buffs or people interested in the older shit, like me :D

Thanks for the tip. We're big into history too. Too bad the vast majority of kids today are not. And destined to repeat the same mistakes "we" made.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the tip. We're big into history too. Too bad the vast majority of kids today are not. And destined to repeat the same mistakes "we" made.
No problem! Glad to hear it :) It is refreshing going to reenactments and seeing the younger generations involved heavily, as few as it may be. Much like driving stick. If a father doesn't know how, the offspring will likely never drive stick. If the father wasn't or isn't into history, the children will never be either. God knows the "history" classes in schools are a farce.

I'm 25, my soul is 95 lol.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Just ordered an 870 Hardwood Home Defense. It's not like I really need another shotgun, but hey, why not? There's no such thing as too many guns, and these things are such an inexpensive staple that it's a pain-free purchase at $300 and change.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered an 870 Hardwood Home Defense. It's not like I really need another shotgun, but hey, why not? There's no such thing as too many guns, and these things are such an inexpensive staple that it's a pain-free purchase at $300 and change.
"Too many guns" is a phrase best kept for wife use :p Lol

Skwangtang

Ready to race!

Great show been subbed for almost 2 years. I would recommend you go an support his and InRangeTVs patreon since they are demonetizing their videos because of the current Youtube rageboner for gun channels

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Great show been subbed for almost 2 years. I would recommend you go an support his and InRangeTVs patreon since they are demonetizing their videos because of the current Youtube rageboner for gun channels
I plan to for them, IraqVeteran8888, hikcok45, and many more. YouTube has been my primary form of viewing entertainment for years now. I love it. I go home everyday and YouTube is one of the first things I check for my subs recent uploads. If it isn't guns, it's UFOs or cars.

What YouTube announced Thursday is very alarming and disappointing to say the least :( All firearm material labeled as mature or offensive? It's like hey douchebags, I had a Mauser 98k at 15 years old!!!!! Meanwhile in Sweden a motorized vehicle proves just as effective as full auto weapons fire, again.