GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halp!!! Need advice, looking for a nice TV

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, as some of you know I am moving to Kamloops BC in just over a week now, and I am looking at replacing my TV (its a 30 something inch tv that is about 15 years old that I got from my uncle the first time I moved away from home)

I have no idea about anything when it comes to newer TV, LCD or Plasma, 1080i (what the hell is that anyways), what brands to avoid. I am not looking for something bottom of the basement but I buy no means watch enough TV to justify spending top dollar for a TV (will most likely only use it for DVDs and Football season, really not that much of a TV watcher and the the TV I do enjoy is all the specialty channels, IFC, History, Discovery, Fox Sports World, Animal Planet and Discovery Civilization, wich are all normally a part of a pretty expensive cable package)

Any info you guys can toss me would be great because I am way in the dark on this atm.

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
LG makes some great TV's,HP is making Plasmas now and I love mine.LCD is good if your really into video games...but plasma has a better pic than LCD.DLP is also very nice and will work good with video games as well.
Good luck on the move

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
Your right though to really use your LCD,Plasma,DLP to it's full potential you'll need the premium box to get HD channels.$$$

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
DLP is the way to IMO..... but yes...get the HD

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Get DLP and get it from Amazon. Can't beat saving 500-600 bucks when compared to best buy or circuit city and the free shipping on a big ass TV.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
My sister has a Panasonic Viera 40 something inches. It's really nice especially with her PS3 and HDTV on cable. Planet Earth is way dope on HD!

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
A topic Iv ranted about on Xbox Forums...

1080i and 1080p is basically the way your TV 'makes' pictures.

1080i displays a picture using 2 diagonal scans, whereas 1080p does it in a single scan. All this happens once per something like 300 times per second, so tbh shelling out loads of extra $$$$$$£££££££s on a 1080p (which a salesman WILL try to make you do) really isn't worth it!

Plasma & LCD
Plasma is better if you want a TV any bigger than 32", whereas LCD is better if you are getting 32" or less.

I'd recommend a 42" Panasonic Vierra, I have one myself and it's really, really good. It also has 2 HDMI ports so you could run a 360 and HD Sky box at the same time