GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hardcore PC gamers, need your help

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
That is the radiator in between 2 fans. I have a similar setup for my cpu cooler and it works great even in my case.

I never got into the whole expensive case and cables with hours spent routing cables thing. My case is a cheapo one with a random assortment of cheap cables I've gathered over the years and my cable management would make some of you guys cry, but the thing runs just fine with a 3570k at 5GHz :lol:

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Still debating my cooler many of those closed loop mounted internally water coolers don't perform any better than the standard heat sink and fan deals.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
The simple water coolers are pretty nice though and pretty easy to install in a smaller case.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Man you guys are making me jealous and regret dropping down cash for my Blade laptop rather than just making a kick ass beast desktop :(

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Man you guys are making me jealous and regret dropping down cash for my Blade laptop rather than just making a kick ass beast desktop :(

Oh noes, those are hella expensive for what you get. You can build a $1k desktop and get a $400 laptop for work for less than one of those things...

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
I've got a pretty beefy i7 dell laptop for work, but I'm just not a laptop guy. Desktop for the power, tablet for the on the move(or couch) light work.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Is the radiator that small thing on the back? Looks funky to be just an exhaust fan

yepyep, it is a radiator between 2 fans. blowing air out.

it's the best $60 ive ever spent.
i tried aftermarket exhaust fans, but nothing compares to watercooling.
im STILL amazing on how cold my cpu can run LOL

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Did a quick burst of Battlefield last night and with a Corsair H50 water cooler my 4 cores saw a max of 44c on maxed settings. Frame rate was quicker than my E8500 as well.

Now I get to finalize my wiring tonight (boring).

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Nah, gone are the days of needing a separate sound card except for the pickiest of audiophiles, who are probably listening to vinyl anyway.

Highly recommend getting a SSD in that setup. They really do speed everything up tremendously.

Buferd

Ready to race!
I'm pretty impressed for have not done this before. Good job, will be an excellent build.

EDIT: What case are you putting this all in? What power supply did you get?