GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone found a good phone mount option? (That's not suction based)

dolf

Until recently I had a great option for phone mounting in my MK8, I was using a suction based mount, it was pretty perfect. Unfortunately it is not standing up to the hot summer of NJ weather, so it's time to find something better. I saw the Rennline adapter (ECS and other retailers are now carrying it). Wondering if anyone has used it and has any impressions. I'm worried that it's placement won't allow for full adjustment of the phone once mounted due to how close the bottom of the phone and the grey trim piece look in the Youtube Install video. Any thoughts would be great - I'm just looking for a magnet, no need to charge, I'll do this via wire. And before anyone asks, don't all MK8's have carplay, yes they all do but:

- The placement of the phone elsewhere is awkward in the dash
- Some features are not present in carplay that are very helpful when parked (like smart home controls, searching apple music, ending phone calls without multiple touch screen presses)
- Sometimes I don't connect to carplay and just use airpods, and it is nice to have visibility of the phone.

The Rennline Adapter

Attachments

• IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    958.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 251