GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone...

nik

Go Kart Champion
Straight up shed a tear when selling/ getting rid of a car?
Just traded the folks Car in yesterday, and honestly even my eyes welled up seeing it sitting there plateless on the lot. I guess it was part of a lot of milestones in my life. Probably because I'm sure it's going to end up at the wreckers. But now I'm thinking, am I nuts?

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Was really sad when my parents sold our 94' Thunderbird. Me and my dad did a lot of wrenching on it and also it was my first car in high school. They sold it to my friend who ended up totaling it within a month of buying it. :cry:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I had a hard time keeping it together when I sold my MKV GTI to Carmax this last March. As I was driving over there I thought about how this was the last time I would drive or see the car, and I had so many good times and so much fun with it.

I parked in the lot, walked in, started the paperwork and was asked for the key. The associate drove her to a secure area behind a gate, and that was it. I have no idea where the car wound up, I kept checking Carmax's inventory but never saw her.

I almost cried that night, I would have looked really stupid in front of the Carmax associate or my friend who came to give me a ride back.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
What's the best way to track down a car once you sell it? I've always wanted to buy back my mkiv Jetta I sold to Carmax 5 years ago.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Phew! Glad I'm not nuts! I kinda want the old car back too. Would have made an awesome winter beater, even if I had to dump 2L of coolant in it a week thanks to dex cool eating the gaskets. But no space at home and the frame was all shot at the rockers. All the visible metal surfaces on top were still clean as heck.

What's the best way to track down a car once you sell it? I've always wanted to buy back my mkiv Jetta I sold to Carmax 5 years ago.

Maybe try contacting Donny Astricky

Jokes aside maybe carfax it? May give an idea as to the locale it's located in and start from there?

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, my first car.

Lotta fond mammaries in that one...

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Yep, my B5 A4. Had a little weep. Twas my first real modded car. Green pearl metallic [emoji26]

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Yep, my B5 A4. Had a little weep. Twas my first real modded car. Green pearl metallic [emoji26]
My B5 A4 Avant 2.8... I didnt do much in it but had a fun life and learnt a lot of car stuff from it. and that wagon style is just classic....:(

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

If you by chance have the VIN, you can check Carfax.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Yep... well kind of. My little brother got to keep my old Jeep Wrangler. Spent a lot of time working on that thing to keep it runnin well. Did a ton of offroading with it.

I get to see it every time I get a chance to visit home but it frustrates the hell out of me knowing he's not as mechanically inclined as I am and does next to nothing to keep it looking and running well :/ I miss driving without a top or doors :(