GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HDTV recommendations.

MReyes

Ready to race!
Yeah, it's a darker room. If I do end up needing a TV I may go plasma this time, I've never had one. It seems my initial thoughts were right when compared to "the masses", Panasonic or Samsung.

Dude darker room.. HANDS DOWN GET A PANNY PLASMA close thread..

Don't listen to the masses they are idiots haha the masses will tell you Plasmas suck when in reality that is FAR FROM THE TRUTH..

Do yourself a favor and pick up a PANNY you will not regret it

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Dude darker room.. HANDS DOWN GET A PANNY PLASMA close thread..

Don't listen to the masses they are idiots haha the masses will tell you Plasmas suck when in reality that is FAR FROM THE TRUTH..

Do yourself a favor and pick up a PANNY you will not regret it

The gap for picture quality in a plasma over an LED LCD in a dark room is nowhere near where it used to be. Plasmas are solid and are far from junk in those conditions, BUT if you take a top of the line LED LCD and put it up against a comparable plasma, they're pretty damn close, performance wise. The only real drawbacks to plasmas are somewhat minimal; they're heavier, they get a lot hotter than LED LCDs and they require a lot more power to run them (think I remember reading that they consume something like 3x more than an LCD).

Personally, I'd get a Samsung LED LCD, but that's just me.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
The gap for picture quality in a plasma over an LED LCD in a dark room is nowhere near where it used to be. Plasmas are solid and are far from junk in those conditions, BUT if you take a top of the line LED LCD and put it up against a comparable plasma, they're pretty damn close, performance wise. The only real drawbacks to plasmas are somewhat minimal; they're heavier, they get a lot hotter than LED LCDs and they require a lot more power to run them (think I remember reading that they consume something like 3x more than an LCD).

Personally, I'd get a Samsung LED LCD, but that's just me.

You have never seen the black levels of a VT Series because if you have you would not be saying that

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My contention with plasma isn't the picture quality it's the motion quality. Led's have residual light after they're turned off so the backlight doesn't flicker like plasma pixels do. Plasma pixels stop giving off light so quickly it can look like a string of pictures even at 600hz.

So yes I won't disagree that plasmas have the best picture quality - they do - but I wouldn't prefer one for viewing a movie or TV. Video games, however, I would definitely do plasma because the details are so much more intricately realized than when an image is captured by a camera sensor.

butchered by autocorrect

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
I don't understand the whole bright room get an LED/LCD argument. Are a good set of blinds only available in Canada? Lol

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Samsung service just got done, fixed the dead pixels, for free....damn. I was kinda looking forward to getting a new TV. Can't really come up with a logical reason to have 2 TV's right now though.:confused:

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Yeah, great service, can't really complain. I was just kinda liking the idea of getting a better brand new TV. #firstworldproblems

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
You can get a smart LED Vizio 55" for under a grand. They have been winning a shit ton of awards lately and I'm pretty sure they use the exact same main components as the more known brands.

That being said, I have a 55" Plasma Samsung and its been a great TV. 600hz Plasmas really cant be beat in terms of picture quality but you need to be prepared for some glare in a brightly lit room.

I have the 60" VIZIO LED HDTV SMART TV, Super slim and love it, awesome quality, bought for $770 on black friday. Well worht it

2PointSLO

Go Kart Champion
Samsung LED

/thread

bought a 65" open box LED from BB, guy's wife said it was too big(insert smart remark)...nabbed it of $1350, even the manager was like "whoa that's damn good deal"...

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Samsung LED

/thread

bought a 65" open box LED from BB, guy's wife said it was too big(insert smart remark)...nabbed it of $1350, even the manager was like "whoa that's damn good deal"...

Dood, that's an insane deal. So jelly!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I have the 60" VIZIO LED HDTV SMART TV, Super slim and love it, awesome quality, bought for $770 on black friday. Well worht it

Thats a steal. The WM by my casa had a 70" LED display on sale for 1, 1xx last week but I just couldn't pull the trigger since they couldn't tell me how long it had been in use.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Thats a steal. The WM by my casa had a 70" LED display on sale for 1, 1xx last week but I just couldn't pull the trigger since they couldn't tell me how long it had been in use.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

What does that matter LED tv's last damn near forever

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
40 - 60k hours is more the lifespan of a traditional florescent LCD tv. It is believed LED screens will last upwards of 100k. Even still passing on a display model LED because you don't know how long it has been on is ridiculous and if it was a real valid concern there is a service menu with a counter that tells you how long the tv has been on.