GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Yokee

Hi everybody,
I'm new here, just got a red GTI std with 18"s last saturday and I love it!!!
I had a 1979 GTI loooong time ago and I loved that car
I'm glad I was able to get another GTI
Yokee

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Finally Got a couple of pics taken- I'll have to post more when it warms up and I get to swap the 16" snows out for the Black 18's.....

Matt

Love that CF interior trim. :w00t:

jmchase76

Nice snow wheels - we have the same 16" snow wheels as well. What tires are you running?

Here is a picture of our CW with those wheels and WS60's.

Dunlop SP Wintersport 3D's- I am very impressed with how they handle so far- of course I haven't driven the car with the summer 18's on it- so I don't know any different... can't wait until the weather is in the 40's regularly.

MKVI_CSM

Ready to race!
hey everyone...im very new to the vw family. just got my first one on 2/18/10 and im already loving it. i started driving at the ripe age of 14 and had a few cars since then. but none of them compare the my most recent purchase.

1994 mazda b4000
1979 pontiac formula 400
1993 lincoln town car
1994 toyota camry
1996 acura tl 2.5 (still have)
1994 oldsmobile delta 88
1988 toyota landcruiser
1995 honda civic ex coupe
1990 honda civic dx hatch (still have)

and FINALLY

my 2010 vw gti 2dr
no leather the base interior is so much more appealing to me
and no sunroof just doesnt make since to have a hole in my roof
6mt
premium sound pkg w/bluetooth
all-weather mats (a must)

my wish list is short and sweet:
tinted windows (another must in the sunshine state)
R LED smoked tail lights
APR or BSH performance chip
possibly an exhaust and intake
jl audio 10w7 and 500/1 amp

does anyone no the proper break-in info?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 557
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 537
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 549

VWVic

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been out of the Volkswagen fold since '99, when I traded my Passat against a new Audi A4. After three generations of A4 I decided it was time to try VW again. I picked up my new GTI on Thursday.

Can't report much on it yet. I was the proud owner of a pristine new car for about three feet, which is roughly how far it took to get from inside the showroom out into the snowstorm that seemed to appear pretty much out of nowhere to ruin the first few days with my GTI.

I'm happy to report that the 18" Detroits are handling the snow pretty well, and the monster mats are doing a great job of containing the snow from my shoes. I haven't had a chance to really open the car up yet but I'm enjoying the über-comfortable seats, smooth ride, solid body structure, and ultra bright xenons. The interior size and design is a lot like my '07 A4. Overall I have to say I'm pretty happy. I can't wait for the weather to clear!

-V

RobbieG

HI all,
My name is Robbie,

I bought my Mk6 S 1.4 3 door on 25th July 2009
I bought it as a driving school car, and its fast approaching 12,000 miles.
Apart from alloys, dual control pedals, and a few stickers its fairly standard.
I love the car, and its my 3rd Golf and 5th VW that i have owned.

Mk1 Golf GTi 1.6
Mk2 Golf GTi 1.8
Mk2 Jetta TX 1.6
1990 Passat GT estate 1.8

Shinster

Ready to race!
Hey!!

Got my mkVI yesterday:

Candy White 2dr man
Sunroof, Bi-Xenon, Dynaudio, 18" Detroits, Monster mats, Bluetooth

Can't wait to drive her around! My first manual though :D
I'm new to the VW family also but I'm loving it

Glad to be in good company!

JamesC1

Hello All!

Got my 1st Golf, 1st VW at the start of February. Like may young lads I've always wanted to have a Golf and was a massive and very pleasant surprise to drive the MKVI for the first time and know I didn't want to test drive any other cars.... it was the MKVI I wanted!

Fantastic car and It still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it... Think I may be a VW customer for a looong time!

pastrami31

Hello Everyone

Hi. Just got my new GTI last week and I love it. Just hoping to get some pointers on what to do with my car. Looking on getting a new ECU from APR.

outlawtartan

Ready to race!
Hey All,

I just purchased my first VW a few weeks ago and look forward to many years of fun with it. It's a MK6 4dr 2.5. I bought it black on black with no options since it was just going to be my commute car but since I've been on this forum and a few others, I have gotten the mod bug and have a small list of things to make her unique. I'll start her off with some window tint, an RCD upgrade and some black emblems. After that we'll look at some new wheels and go from there.

Look forward to the ride.

M

CdnGtiGuy

Hello everyone

I first drove a friend's 93 GTI when he begrudingly let me about 13 years ago and absolutely loved it. Since then I bought a '01 Golf brand new as it was all I could afford and have wanted a GTI ever since. Love the look of the 2010's and I'll finally be upgrading to one in a couple months. Can't wait and just looking for advice and feedback from current owners of the MK6.. and cant wait to be one of you..

Shaun

Marin1

Volkswagen AG, Europe’s largest carmaker, plans to invest 25.8 billion euros in its automotive business between 2010 and 2012. About 13.3 billion euros of spending will go toward creating vehicles and redesigning existing models.

BRAND X

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to getting to know you all. I just picked up a MK6 GTI last night as a daily driver. I've owned two BMW E46 M3's and 3 Porsche Carreras as well as a host of other higher-end BMW's and Porsches and I have to say that so far I'm impressed with this bargain, German hot hatch.

VW got it pretty right with this car and my 13 year old, who this car was really purchased for, is going to love having it as a first vehicle in a few years. Since my first car was a '73 Beetle I thought it only fitting!

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
New 2010 VW GTI MKVI Owner - Hello!

Hi everyone,

I'm now a new VW owner, a 2010 VW GTI MKVI. I'm in love with this car, my first VW, 3rd German auto.

My first German car, '72 Opel GT, second, '98 MBZ E300 Turbodiesel, and now the GTI MKVI. My dad had a '56 VW Bug, my mom a '68 Square- back, and now it's my turn.

I got this car with every available option, and am still figuring things out; it's a blast, all the gadgets add to the whole wonderful driving experience like I have never had before. And, this car goes like you're shot out of a cannon, love that semi-auto stick.

I do plan to make 'Go Fast' mod's, that I would think is a given.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and chatting and sharing.