GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

K3RMIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone! I've been lurking since I picked up my 2011 DSG 4-door about a month ago. I just turned 32, and traded in a 2009 Acura TSX that was my first new car. I did like the car alot, especially as a novice car-detailer, but I always felt unsatisfied by the driving experience. Before the TSX, I had a silver, 1999 VR6 Jetta (black leather) that I loved until it fell apart, with only 120k miles! I just want to say that the GTI has exceeded all of my expectations, and I'm constantly looking for reasons to drive around. It's unbelievably fun!!! I love it so much, that I'm considering a European delivery on a future GTI, just to get all those great options we Americans miss out on. I hope to add a bit to the community here, and hopefully meet up with someone in the Chicago suburbs with VCDS (vag-com) so I can make two or three changes that'll make the car just about perfect. I love my GTI!!!!!!

NewbieGTI

After i been trolling around your Website and see other people Driving GTi and read some reviews than i finally pulled the trigger on getting 4D 2011 Carbon Steel Gray GTI 6M.

Zombie_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all new member and brand new VW owner bought my 2012 VW GTI Carbon Grey with DSG wednesday (Aug.17) and love it this is my first euro i spent my earlier days in american cars i had 2 camaro z28's and a mustang gt. but have always loved german cars especially hatches!!!!! and wanted a gti since highschool so i made the jump and this car is just perfect i cannot wait to start working on this car.:thumbsup:

Sax1

Hi there! All the best from Croatia!

I bought brand new CSG GTI, 4 door about a month ago and I'm enjoying every second! :)

I had a Cooper S (R56) but as my family increased by 2 in last 2 years I really needed a bigger car. After going through several options but keeping in mind that I still want to stay in the hot hatch category (even with 2 kids) I think I made the best decision.

No mods yet but with time I'm sure I'll come up with something.

S.

Yas7861

Hi all. Typing away from Australia. Mk6 GTi is the second VW we've owned. First was a Polo 6R GTi. Will peruse this forum to get some ideas on making our GTi unique.

vwsb

New "Used" GOLF

Hello - Got me a used 2010 golf, DSG. Had only about 876 miles on it. Good deal too. Now have approx. 5K miles on it in the last 3 months!

It did have fog lights when I purchased it, but they don't work. Need help with that, I am a n00b when it comes to car mods.

Following mods are what I think I would like, just reading about those on this forum.
1. Carbonio intake for 2.5L
2. lower the car - but not done my research yet
3. Probably get a sweet sounding catback, although still unsure which
4. Wheels - Love the Interlagos, but need $$$.
5. May be a GPS/NAV and the under seat storage addons

Here are some pics.

Cheers,
Shank

Attachments

• DSC03622.jpg
    DSC03622.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC03625.jpg
    DSC03625.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 243

Merkle

Banned
Waiting...

Hey All,

This is my first post, but I'm familiar to the auto-forum setting.
I'm awaiting the arrival of my used:

2010 GTI
-Shadow Blue
-Sunroof
-Touch screen-radio thingy
-17" Denver rims
-2 Door
-6 Speed manual

I'm still driving my 2001 Ford Explorer, she has been a good vehicle, but with 175k miles, It's time for an upgrade. I've been lurking around for a while, reading this and scanning that for potential engine mods, navigation system upgrades and the such. I've been wanting a GTI since I drove one in 2003, and now I'm just waiting for mine to come in. Anyway, glad to be a part of the community.

jdillen

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all! Good to be back on some forums again...now to learn about the 2012 Carbon Steel Grey 2dr GTI I picked up this evening! It's a base 6 speed, just had the dealer tint it. Looking forward to being here for a bit, plan to go Stage 1 and do some suspension modifications.

As you can see by my sig, I have automotive ADD (I'm 28), but I'm trying to "grow up" and thought the GTI was a good blend of reasonable payments, low maintenance cost (at least for now), ability to be modified easily/affordably and most of all good driveability!

Attached is a pic of my new machine with my previous (and my most favorite car from a beauty standpoint - my modded WRX was my favorite car to all out drive). Thanks!

Attachments

• 314873_688103932392_35103744_35658782_4214771_n.jpg
    314873_688103932392_35103744_35658782_4214771_n.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 221

DTF40

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.

Just took delivery of my new baby!

Cant wait to start the mods!

Some questions so please excuse, im a noob!

Golf GTI 35 Girl

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone - my name is Golda. Just signed for my first ever VW and am so excited that my timing and the moon and planets and whatever else aligned so that I was able to secure one of only 14 Golf GTI 35 Editions to be released in Western Australia. Will take delivery in approx 4 weeks. Pretty excited!

Anyone else have one on order?

hafers

Hello,

Lurked on this site for a few months while researching cars. Decided to purchase a black 4dr 2012 golf 2.5. I am loving it! This board was extremely helpful during the purchase process and am certain it will continue to be so!

RudyTR

Ready to race!
04 Subaru Wrx to 11 GTI DSG/Sunroof UG

[/IMG]

It was a bitter sweet day. Lots of mods and money into my WRX. I will definately miss the AWD. However once I drove the GTI I was hooked and had to have one. My car before the Subaru was a VW Passat 1.8T. I have always like VW's. No pictures of the GTI yet but I am sure I will have some soon. :thumbsup:

Astinos

I'm new to VW and the VW forums (although I constantly check in and browse for hours at a time). I've been driving around a '06 Jeep Wrangler for 6 years (which I had one hell of a time customizing) and now I own a 2011 Candy white 6MT GTi. I've had it for about 8 months now and I'm loving it.

No mods yet but I'm saving up for some stuff I have in mind, both performance and cosmetics.

I also want to buy a nice camera so I can start taking some cool pics to show off! :p

Java^R20

Hey guys, I am putting a deposit down for the 2012 Golf R20 tomorrow and cannot wait until it arrives and I buy the dang thing...I am very excited!

I am coming from a 2010 Honda Fit Sport with too much money spent on upgrades haha. more than double the hp and torque and all wheel drive is more than enough to convince me!

Bigman

Hi all,
well my mom has a Volkswagen toureg v8 2008 and that car is fast for a 4 door. So i used to love driving it around such a smooth fast car. So I got this game on my ipad called real racing hd2 and my first car was a 2011 gti turbo amazingly fast car and I fell in love with it. modified it like crazy out of all cars it was my favorite so I decided to get one as my next car and went along with it and 2 weeks later i was staring at my black on black 2012 Gti turbo and I am having the time of my life. fast reliable and the best car i owned. I have named her black Diamond since shes such a precious gem.