GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with Alibaba Trade Assurance Dispute Process

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
I ordered a set of tails form alibaba. After 2 months they arrive. Went to make sure they plug in and sure enough the inner left has an inner right connector on it. I open a dispute and the rep from the seller stated I needed to cut the tab to fix and I refuse to that only because I paid him good money for these and shouldn't have to. I requested a 50% refund and he refused. Anyway, I have the option to return or escalate the dispute (it would go to an impartial moderator to make a decision). I don't have a problem returning them and getting a higher quality set at this point, but I will not pay fees for their screw up. He is too eager for me to return them and to say yes to pay for return shipping. Does anyone have any experience with the dispute process. The language on the site isn't vague, just not super specific on this case.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
If you paid by credit card just dispute the charge. I wouldn't pay for shipping it back.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
NA cars have different Inner-Left plugs then the ROW LHD cars because of the missing rear fog light in the US.
No big deal to modify the plug a little bit imo.
Compared to ROW cars the NA wiring of the outer plugs is different too. Are you sure the lights work on your car w/o further modifications? Typically aftermarket lights are made for ROW cars, and require an adapter harness/coding.
Ordered by mistake a wrong part from AE a while ago. Seller excepted my return request but I had to pay shipping. Shipping was almost more than I paid so I kept it instead. Lesson learned 😞

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
I wasn’t aware of the plug difference. Never saw it mentioned. I’ve read as many threads and watched videos as I could. I have no problem modifying the plug at this point. They do not work as plug and play. From what I have read your instructions, wiring and coding, should work with these. If not, it’s on me.

I escalated the case and will see what the resolution is.
NA cars have different Inner-Left plugs then the ROW LHD cars because of the missing rear fog light in the US.
No big deal to modify the plug a little bit imo.
Compared to ROW cars the NA wiring of the outer plugs is different too. Are you sure the lights work on your car w/o further modifications? Typically aftermarket lights are made for ROW cars, and require an adapter harness/coding.
Ordered by mistake a wrong part from AE a while ago. Seller excepted my return request but I had to pay shipping. Shipping was almost more than I paid so I kept it instead. Lesson learned 😞

cb1111

I wasn’t aware of the plug difference. Never saw it mentioned. I’ve read as many threads and watched videos as I could. I have no problem modifying the plug at this point. They do not work as plug and play. From what I have read your instructions, wiring and coding, should work with these. If not, it’s on me.

I escalated the case and will see what the resolution is.
It is very simple - did the ad say it was specifically for North American cars? If yes, then you are right. If it didn't say that, then you are wrong.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
It is very simple - did the ad say it was specifically for North American cars? If yes, then you are right. If it didn't say that, then you are wrong.
It didn’t say either way. All it said is it was for golf 7-7.5 and they were plug and play. I didn’t bank on the plug and play.