GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helping GF Buy a Car, Bait and Switch?

DSF767

Ready to race!
Hey Guys,

I was helping my GF get a new car. She drove a bunch and loved the Hyundai Elentra and it was a lot nicer then her old corolla.

I ended up finding her a 2011 Limited with 15k miles with it being limited it had Leather, Heated Seats, Moon Roof, Bluetooth, etc. I ended up getting it for around $15,500 with 5 oil chnages, fixing a few scratches on the hood, and throwing in winter floor mats.

I had done my research and $15,500 seemed like a great deal for a limited with that mileage.

Anyway, now it gets to the good part. When I had been looking for the car on cars.com and on the Free CarFax it said it was a Hyundai CPO.

Last night when we got done with haggling and talking to the business manager hashing out payment details (she already had other financing so it went very quickly) I asked about it and he said it was not a CPO. I did a double take and thought to myself I thought it was but maybe I was wrong.

Now I come back home and look again at the CarFax

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...MZ71725zpFKv2ds2xC7yD5mpnktKJLcW7b6Y3VJHlvF30

It clearly says CPO... What you guys think?

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Call Hyundai corporate. They can run the VIN and tell you if it's a CPO.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
The dealer can be unaware if it is CPO. My daughter just purchased a 2011 Elantra and she loves it.

DSF767

Ready to race!
Call Hyundai corporate. They can run the VIN and tell you if it's a CPO.

That's good to know, I thought dealers certify cars as CPO not corporate. So you think I can call Corporate give them the VIN and they will tell me?

The dealer can be unaware if it is CPO. My daughter just purchased a 2011 Elantra and she loves it.

It is a very nice car with the nicest interior for a cheaper car I have seen, awesome bang for buck car.

Also this dealer wasn't the smartest in the world, on their website they listed it as a GLS not a Limited so it sat on their lot for 3 months which is why I think we got such a good price.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
+1 on calling Hyundai US/corporate to confirm. If the dealer isn't stupid, they may be trying to sell it w/o the certification. That said, is the standard hyundai powertrain warranty already 10 years?!

DSF767

Ready to race!
+1 on calling Hyundai US/corporate to confirm. If the dealer isn't stupid, they may be trying to sell it w/o the certification. That said, is the standard hyundai powertrain warranty already 10 years?!

It is on a new car but if you buy it used and not CPO you only get the remainder of the 5yr/60,000 the 10yr/100,000 does not transfer.

If you get it CPO the 10yr/100,000 stay as well as 10yr roadside.

I will call Hyundai and ask about it thanks for the advice all.