GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helping the GF find a new car... 07 GLI Fahrenheit

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
damn dude, I would have just broken up with her by now.......

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
My girlfriend likes VW interior but hates the exterior styling. I feel your pain. Last thing she was interested in was a blue corolla. I'm all like BITCH get a GLI

:word:
I almost sold the gf on getting herself a golf, now she says she likes scion xd or yaris. :yikes:

flomaa6

Ready to race!
I had a similar scenario with my girlfriend, this past summer we were looking a for a car for her originally the plan was cpo 328i so we found one at the dealer. Next day we go look at the Beamer test drive it and then she decides to walk around a look at other cars saying " I want a car I fall in love with " so she finds her car a g37s which I knew was out price range and she was going to treat it like crap even if it was 2012 model. Get an argument told her no so we go back to the Beamer and it was sold. And later we go to get another Beamer at different dealer same thing happens she wants to get a Mini Cooper. At that moment I just told her if u want it get it I'm not going to take care of it like I did ur Mazda because it will be to much work and money( it was turbo). So in the end she didn't get and she still stuck with her Mazda until it dies lol

Moral of the story if its not broken don't fix it !

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
possible, just wasn't too excited about those. They are as close to a "white good" as you can get. Its tough for me to decide for her bc the crap i wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole may be just fine.

xBs are solid cars.

Lots of room, actually not bad to drive, easy to mod, and they're surprisingly quick.

If she likes it... it's one of the best candidates you've got. Dead reliable.

balius

Go Kart Champion
Didn't read the whole thread to see what all has been suggested, but has she looked at a Honda Fit at al? Drive my buddy's the other day and it wasn't bad.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
she hates everything.

she better at least S the D often or something, right mang??? RIGHT?

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
I had a similar scenario with my girlfriend, this past summer we were looking a for a car for her originally the plan was cpo 328i so we found one at the dealer. Next day we go look at the Beamer test drive it and then she decides to walk around a look at other cars saying " I want a car I fall in love with " so she finds her car a g37s which I knew was out price range and she was going to treat it like crap even if it was 2012 model. Get an argument told her no so we go back to the Beamer and it was sold. And later we go to get another Beamer at different dealer same thing happens she wants to get a Mini Cooper. At that moment I just told her if u want it get it I'm not going to take care of it like I did ur Mazda because it will be to much work and money( it was turbo). So in the end she didn't get and she still stuck with her Mazda until it dies lol

Moral of the story if its not broken don't fix it !

Wouldnt the bimmer have been the same if not more expensive to fix then the mini cooper s ? Im going to guess the mini wasnt cpo

flomaa6

Ready to race!
Wouldnt the bimmer have been the same if not more expensive to fix then the mini cooper s ? Im going to guess the mini wasnt cpo

Yeah the mini was like 40k miles on it, had and exhaust and intake and I didnt want her to have a car knowing the previous owner probably beat it or raced it