GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
One gaffe? Jesus Christ, where do I begin?

You have Gary Johnson, a "former" Republican, who would rather privatize education and abolish the Department of Education, which would directly benefit those with the most money. He still believes in conservative economics, which doesn't support the lower or middle class. He's really just a right wing nut, a wolf in sheepskin clothing who supports marijuana legalization but minus the phony pandering to the religious right. Not only that, but he has been in politics for years yet doesn't seem to have much knowledge on international affairs. Even Trump is more knowledgeable when it comes to international affairs and that's just pathetic.

Here's the cold hard truth here: If you're voting for Gary Johnson then you likely haven't read anything about him and you're simply voting for Johnson in attempt to be a contrarian and pat yourself on the back because you didn't vote for "the lesser of two evils". Problem is that you still voted for "evil" and that evil aligns with Trump more than it does Hillary.

In other words, you're likely not informed enough to make a proper decision. And I can feel the eye rolls from Johnson supporters who have no intention of truly studying Gary Johnson and are just voting based on platitudes and catch phrases.

Oh, and weed. Can't forget the weed.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather vote for someone who will strengthen the middle class because the middle class is what makes this country strong.

Wow! So out of touch. There's too much here to address my head is spinning. I'll pick a few points then.

I don't expect governors to know much about international politics. At the end of the day, you have an army of advisers to coach you through any subject that happens to be your weak spot. No one knows it all.

I have looked into all of the issues I care about, and while I don't agree with everything Gary Johnson stands for, I agree with most (including privatizing education and disbanding Education Department). No need to bring up economics. Let's face it, that has been beaten to death and we could each find very well researched studies to support our own views, so let's just avoid that dick-measuring aspect.

He pulls votes from both camps, so your rationale of still voting for an "evil" is a moot point since I genuinely agree with him the most.

Weed? Never touched it, never will.

As for me? I'm middle class. I'm a military officer. I've deployed. I have a bachelors in Journalism (minors in Aerospace Studies and Mandarin Chinese) and a masters degree in International Affairs and have been published twice in the Journal of International Affairs. I'm a family man with a wife and three kids. I've done my homework and my research on any issue I feel is important. Since my livelihood is directly controlled by the government (Congress actually), I have a lot to directly lose by actions of the government, probably much more than you do. And out of the three top candidates, Gary Johnson is the only one who doesn't scare the crap out of me as CINC, especially because the amount of illegal wars/conflicts we find ourselves in is staggering. I don't think Hillary or Trump would lose any sleep by throwing in and my troops in harm's way over some boondoggle. I'd rather take the isolationist.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
As for me? I'm middle class. I'm a military officer. I've deployed. I have a bachelors in Journalism (minors in Aerospace Studies and Mandarin Chinese) and a masters degree in International Affairs and have been published twice in the Journal of International Affairs. I'm a family man with a wife and three kids. I've done my homework and my research on any issue I feel is important. Since my livelihood is directly controlled by the government (Congress actually), I have a lot to directly lose by actions of the government, probably much more than you do. And out of the three top candidates, Gary Johnson is the only one who doesn't scare the crap out of me as CINC, especially because the amount of illegal wars/conflicts we find ourselves in is staggering. I don't think Hillary or Trump would lose any sleep by throwing in and my troops in harm's way over some boondoggle. I'd rather take the isolationist.

I'm impressed with your qualifications (especially with learning Mandarin Chinese, ain't easy at all).

Which is why I can't understand why someone like yourself would vote for someone like him. If it was Ron Paul a decade ago, I would have most certainly understood (in fact I supported him then primarily because of his foreign policy, the only Republican who admitted our foreign policy was flawed which he will always have my respect for). Trump seriously knows more about international affairs than Johnson which is quite sad and frightening.

As for illegal wars/conflicts, I'm curious now. Do you believe our intervention in Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia, East Timor, and Iraq in the 1990s were illegal too?

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
I'm impressed with your qualifications (especially with learning Mandarin Chinese, ain't easy at all).

Which is why I can't understand why someone like yourself would vote for someone like him. If it was Ron Paul a decade ago, I would have most certainly understood (in fact I supported him then primarily because of his foreign policy, the only Republican who admitted our foreign policy was flawed which he will always have my respect for). Trump seriously knows more about international affairs than Johnson which is quite sad and frightening.

As for illegal wars/conflicts, I'm curious now. Do you believe our intervention in Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia, East Timor, and Iraq in the 1990s were illegal too?

Thanks. I wasn't try to make bone fides a dick-measuring contest either, so I apologize if it came off pretentious. I was merely trying to illustrate that I have a lot of the line.

I liked Ron Paul's foreign policy for the most part. But there were some things I disagreed with. Same goes for Johnson. I like the idea of pulling back from our interventions and interpolations, but there are parts I don't agree with on him either. But I do like the general direction he is headed.

My personal philosophy is that our debt and the economy, in general, is our nation's biggest threat/weakness. But we often feel obligated to get involved in other countries business. ISIS doesn't pose an existential threat, but we treat it like it does. Let's get our own house in order before we try to solve the world's problems. We've done a lot of good in the world, but also a lot of bad as well.

As for those other conflicts you mentioned. It's a sticky situation. Congress has the power to declare war, not the president. So while I think those conflicts were *mostly* worthy causes, they haven't always followed the "correct" path in my opinion. Presidents (from both parties) have increasingly taken more military powers and I don't agree with that, even if the conflicts we've engaged in were justified. Does that make sense? It probably sounds a little hypocritical. Not sure how else to word it.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Can I use this?
Use away...

I've also noticed how more and more voters are voicing their displeasure with the candidates instead of simply half-a55ed explaining why one candidate is not as bad as the other. Most are admitting to looking past the candidates and casting a vote for the party platform.. my senior citizen parents included.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SirClimax

Ready to race!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

:dnftt:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
In light of Trump's recently unearthed and disgusting comments about women, here is thhe GOP’s platform with respect to women:

1) Grab them by the pussy
2) Fuck that hole
3) Force the walking uterus to carry the pregnancy to term.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
In light of Trump's recently unearthed and disgusting comments about women, here is thhe GOP’s platform with respect to women:

1) Grab them by the pussy
2) Fuck that hole
3) Force the walking uterus to carry the pregnancy to term.

I'd hate to paint all repubs with that brush. Despite their candidate deserving the criticism, the vast majority of repubs I know certainly don't condone that. I don't paint all dems with the brush I would use to label Hillary. And I sure hope people don't paint all of us libertarians as anarchists.

That being said, does anyone need any more proof as to quality of this candidate? This should be a big realization moment for the GOP. I think they passed up some decent candidates in the primaries. So sad...

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'd hate to paint all repubs with that brush. Despite their candidate deserving the criticism, the vast majority of repubs I know certainly don't condone that. I don't paint all dems with the brush I would use to label Hillary. And I sure hope people don't paint all of us libertarians as anarchists.

That being said, does anyone need any more proof as to quality of this candidate? This should be a big realization moment for the GOP. I think they passed up some decent candidates in the primaries. So sad...

Why not? Rush Limbaugh had no problem calling Sandra Fluke a whore for wanting birth control to be covered by employer-funded health care.

It's fair to label Republicans as anti-women given the amount of anti-women legislation they are heavily involved in. They bred Trump, now they have to deal with him.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Lol, did you see his "apology" they just released?

Here is my statement.

I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me, know these words don’t reflect who I am.

I said it, it was wrong, and I apologize.

I’ve travelled the country talking about change for America. But my travels have also changed me. I’ve spent time with grieving mothers who’ve lost their children, laid off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future. I have gotten to know the great people of our country, and I’ve been humbled by the faith they’ve placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow, and will never, ever let you down.
Let’s be honest. We’re living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we are facing today. We are losing our jobs, we are less safe than we were 8 years ago and Washington is broken.
Hillary Clinton, and her kind, have run our country into the ground.

I’ve said some foolish things, but there is a big difference between words and actions. Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims. We will discuss this more in the coming days.

See you at the debate on Sunday.

Sorry but not sorry

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Yeah he messed up man. What he shoulda done was taken page from Hillary's playbook and just denied it in the face of evidence suggesting otherwise and this would just blow over.

:rolleyes:

Because a fabricated email scandal is equivalent to bragging about sexual assault?

Status
Not open for further replies.