GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hilary or Trump (and why?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
the only minorities suffering are the idiots destroying their neighborhoods protesting Donald trump. Let's protest democracy sounds good! how about you protest actual injustices done by Hillary Clinton

steemax

Go Kart Champion
the only minorities suffering are the idiots destroying their neighborhoods protesting Donald trump. Let's protest democracy sounds good! how about you protest actual injustices done by Hillary Clinton

or the corrupt DNC for failing them.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Where? When? How? All I've seen lately is "minorities" throwing hissy fits and actually rioting and hurting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how you white boys pretend there are no attacks against minorities, but here's a couple. One from BBC News and one right here in Dallas:

Christian Koelling is white. He's also a DFW native, graduating from Plano High School and working at restaurants like Tei-An and Ten Ramen before taking a sous chef position at Braindead Brewing. Despite his "super Caucasian" background, he says, yesterday, a Donald Trump supporter verbally attacked Koelling in the parking lot of a Plano Walmart, telling him "get out of [my] country! We won! You lose! Now get back across the wall," Koelling recounts.

At the time, Koelling says, he was on the phone with his grandmother, who is also white. "I'm not super great (at speaking Spanish), but my grandmother wants to learn, so we talk in Spanish when she calls," he says. "Apparently my accent is on point, though."

"The whole thing lasted about 15 seconds," Koelling tells the Observer. "I was talking on the phone to my grandmother in Chicago. All I basically said was, 'Hi! How are you? I'm doing well; I'm very busy.' As I was saying this (in Spanish), these two guys who were maybe early 20s were walking past, and as soon as they got right next to me turned and said, 'Speak fucking English,' to which I replied 'excuse me?' He said, 'Much better. Now get out of my country. We won. You lose. Now get back across the wall.'"

Koelling told the men he is an American native, but the men who harassed him weren't having it.

"I replied, 'I was born and raised in America,'" Koelling says. "He flipped me off and they got in their shitty Ford Explorer and drove off. Nothing felt really physically threatening, as they were walking away the whole time they were talking. And just to clarify, I am definitely a white guy. German, to be exact."

Koelling, who posted about the incident on his personal Facebook page, felt concern that the men who harassed him might do worse to others. Other Dallasites that are Facebook friends with Koelling shared similar experiences of harassment. One woman, who was born in Huntsville, Alabama, was approached by a Trump supporter and told, in front of her children, that she would soon be deported, she says.

"I had a real quick WTF moment, and then as I was walking away, I started thinking about how they just yelled at some random guy just because I was speaking Spanish," he says. "If they could yell at me that easily, they've done it before and they will do it again. And maybe they get bolder, maybe they get more physical. Then what?"

This may not be the first incident of harassment we hear about from Dallas' restaurant community, which employs a large amount of minorities, who are often Hispanic, and even refugees from Middle Eastern countries.

Koelling says he's optimistic about the future, but cautious as well.

"I still feel unsure," he says. "I don't personally agree with our choice to vote in someone with such blatant moral issues, but I'm at least hopeful for the future. I think now is the time, that if you haven't been involved in politics before, this is why you should be."

Koelling says he hasn't heard of any other Dallas restaurant employees facing harassment, but he feels concern for them now.

"This did nothing but reinforce the very real fears I see in their faces everyday," he says.

If you work in the DFW restaurant industry and have experienced harassment or a significant decrease in gratuities this week related to your race, ethnicity, nationality, sexuality, gender, religion or other factors, please email beth.rankin@dallasobserver.com and tell us your story.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
That goes both ways. On Thursday, some obvious college liberal was going on and on about how nice it must be for me and my white privilege. I thought her head was going to explode when I explained that while my skin color is white, I am 37.5% Asian, Filipino to be exact, and my mother's family migrated to the US in the 1960s and became naturalized citizens. In other words, you aren't going to get any sympathy from me by pulling the race or minority card!

zrickety

The Fixer
Those guys will be jerks regardless of who is president. You can't blame Trump for others actions, that's ridiculous.

Govi

Passed Driver's Ed
Those guys will be jerks regardless of who is president. You can't blame Trump for others actions, that's ridiculous.

Not so. Trump encouraged racist behavior from Day One of his campaign by calling Mexican immigrants rapists, drug dealers, etc. He never backed down from that one. He expanded and elaborated on it. His whole Birther campaign was racist, too: no one but his alt_right fans bought that one, but he kept it up. Incitement is what it's called.

He has not asked his fan base to stand down from their racist activities at all. If they are doing it in his name, he should speak out and tell them to stop. Nothing but crickets from him on that topic.

"So unfair!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796900183955095552

One of his first tweets after getting control back of his Twitter account after the election, and he concocts three distinct lies and one whine within 140 characters. This is our President-Elect?

:thumbdown:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Not so. Trump encouraged racist behavior from Day One of his campaign by calling Mexican immigrants rapists, drug dealers, etc. He never backed down from that one. He expanded and elaborated on it. His whole Birther campaign was racist, too: no one but his alt_right fans bought that one, but he kept it up. Incitement is what it's called.

He has not asked his fan base to stand down from their racist activities at all. If they are doing it in his name, he should speak out and tell them to stop. Nothing but crickets from him on that topic.

"So unfair!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796900183955095552

One of his first tweets after getting control back of his Twitter account after the election, and he concocts three distinct lies and one whine within 140 characters. This is our President-Elect?

:thumbdown:

Thank you! Idiots in this thread can't fucking grasp the fact that Trump has NOT said a damn thing to quell the attacks against minorities.

Unlike President George W Bush who, you know, actually visited a mosque and condemned the backlash against Muslims (much to dead_katz's disappointment) just 2-3 days after the September 11 attacks. And even though I was VERY critical of him during his administration due to the war in Iraq, I would always credit him for clamping down on the anti-Muslim backlash days after the horrific attacks. Now THAT is proper leadership, like it or not.

On another note, it's funny how dead_katz talks about hatred in Islam and degradation of women yet you have seen people here including him make disgusting misogynistic remarks about Hillary Clinton's genitalia and think it's okay to assault and beat Muslim women in the streets who choose to cover their heads but hey, only Muslims supposedly disrespect women :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
This is like saying my boss at work hates black people, so it's ok for me to say mean things to them. Totally absurd. The media is spewing more lies and hate than Trump ever did, I don't see anyone asking them to apologize yet it continues. We the people are tired of our rights being stripped away, the Constitution being used like toilet paper, and corporations robbing us blind while they send jobs overseas and buy politicians. Hillary lost because she is pure evil and people caught on.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I love how you white boys
come on man, don't perpetuate racism further by lumping all white dudes into the same category. I've about had it this week with people calling me racist because I was born white. I've never been accused of such things before this week, and this week it's happened numerous times. WTF. Am I allowed to be upset by this or naw?

THIS

For the record I voted third party

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I know you guys (DUBPL8 and friends) are smarter than this... Most of you have (I assume) taking college level statistics, in which you'll know that one anecdotal account doesn't mean that something is happening to a massive extent.

Here's a video of a Trump supporter getting beat up, and his car looted for supporting Trump. Doesn't mean that all Hillary supporters are thugs. See how that works? It's a two way street. There is gonna come a time where you'll have to come with grips that most people that voted for Trump did so not for racist reasons, but because things like term limits for congress, tax reform, money in politics, removing the TPP, Dodd Frank, and other issues like those are more important to them. Simple as that. (And no, I did not vote for Trump)

come on man, don't perpetuate racism further by lumping all white dudes into the same category. I've about had it this week with people calling me racist because I was born white. I've never been accused of such things before this week, and this week it's happened numerous times. WTF. Am I allowed to be upset by this or naw?

Man, the regressive left has been more racist than any other large group as of recent. They assume things based solely on color and claim to be the "protectors" of minorities. What a hilarious conundrum considering the minorities voted Trump more than any other Republican candidate in recent history. Also, again let's consider that race relations have gotten worse over the eight years of the Obama administration than it did through years of bush (a straight, rich, white male). A fact that I would like DUBPL8 to comment on.

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Not every Trump supporter is racist. I think most just disliked Hillary.
But we are at a fork in the road in our nation. College students and millennials protesting results, people including children taunting and harassing minority groups, and politicians uncertain of what their party stands for. This is a scary time, but uncertainty can be the seeds of something good in the future. Obama has tried to console the nation and unify it behind Trump. Maybe it will happen, or maybe some people will never accept it.
I am not sure where I fall. November 9th was a difficult day. The emotions on people's faces, genuine concern about their lives, marriage status, safety, and ability to stay in the nation. And these are all functioning contributing members of society.
I do not think it is fair to attack all Trump supporters though because you just cannot truly understand persecution unless you are the victim. You may be able to sympathize on some level but there will always be a disconnect because you can't feel it. A lot of people just don't process that.

So yeah, people hated Hillz, picked Trump instead, fine. But as your minority brethren, we saw a different side of Trump, and your support of him to us is perceived as support of that side of Trump. You take the bad with the good. Just depends which one you think is more important.

Sent from phone Tapa

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Why do you think that is? I'd like more info on that, is there a study or something?

Well I think it's a combination of the media, and movements like BLM that are bringing racial divides back into question and therefore harming all the progress we've made.

Here is the study: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/14/u...m-view-of-race-relations-poll-finds.html?_r=0

Currently, someone growing up in a culture that watches the news will be convinced that there's some nameless shadow'y figure that's trying to bring black people down and that's simply not true and it's very harmful for the minority youth to be grown up with that mindset. Take the hands up don't shoot movement; a study by Roland J. Fryer Jr. (A black professor from Havard), found there to be no correlation between race and police shootings in the same scenario's. In fact, a white person has a marginally higher chance of being shot by the police in similar scenario's.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Cant remember if this was posted here or not.

Last edited:

dead_catz

Ready to race!
finally we can make America great again. Majority house and senate and soon to be Supreme Court when that old hag Ginsberg kicks the bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.