GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Holy Shit Australian TV sucks - Throwback Musical Content

s4mt3k

binary four
So I'm working in Australia for a couple weeks, and I couldn't help but notice how horrible TV is here... For example, last night, I saw really old OCC, then Simpsons, then really old King of the Hill, then it went into this whole Warner Bros T&J, B. Bunny, and Pink Panther (seriously). Dexter (the cartoon, not the cool serial killer show) was the late night entertainment.

I even asked someone I was working with and he told me that they literally only have a handful of channels, but they get the best stuff from the US... just a few years behind.

So I put on VH1 for some background music and I see Brian Adams singing Everything I do... I was like wtf? then Macarena came on and I was like HOLYSHIT WTF! Then I proceeded to document VH1's top 50, just the last few...

I would be lying if I said I didn't sing along (or at least hum along) to a couple...
For example, #2, I sang along the whole fucking thing haha... Didn't even realize I still knew the words.

And finally absolute respect to the days when music and songs were musical. Today's music is such shit for the most part.

Here we go:

And just because I love this song:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Why do you think we're always on the forums! :bellyroll:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
boys to men and p diddy ill be missing you? wtf? that is a bad line up. was night rider and the a-team on?

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
You sure it wasn't an all time countdown or similiar? That's some old stuff. Either way, go find some cool stuff to do besides watch tv, I would jump at the chance to visit australia. I've always wanted to go.

s4mt3k

binary four
Angel, you travel for work (granted shows are the fun kinda work) but do you ever get to see shit?

I'm somewhere different every week, and this is only my first trip to AUS and it's already almost over... been working every day/night. sucks. Saw the opera house like 10 times from my cab ....

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
I do travel quite a bit, europe, vegas, canada, north east, central and south america etc. And yes I do see the sights whenever I can, I can't always make the time but on most trips it's part of the plan. Forge Uk ( home office ) is very good about this sort of thing and will go out of their way to be sure that we are entertained while away from home. Beer, good food, sight seeing, helicopter rides over the canyon, cirque du solie tickets etc. It sucks that you're missing out on those chances man, even an extra day would allow for some good times. Then again we tend to be able to entertain ourselves no mater where we are, even stuck in the hotel bar because of snow and 60 mph winds.

What do you do that keeps you so busy while there? Sounds like when I did computer work, it'd be 3-4 days of 16 hour days and then back home for more of the same locally.

Angel, you travel for work (granted shows are the fun kinda work) but do you ever get to see shit?

I'm somewhere different every week, and this is only my first trip to AUS and it's already almost over... been working every day/night. sucks. Saw the opera house like 10 times from my cab ....

s4mt3k

binary four
What do you do that keeps you so busy while there? Sounds like when I did computer work, it'd be 3-4 days of 16 hour days and then back home for more of the same locally.

that's what I do bro. im a software engineer, work for a medical software company. havent been doing any programming, just working on setting up interfaces and shit for clients. some troubleshooting trips... wahtever. most my trips are 2-3 days, airport - site - hotel - airport. Sometimes I get a long trip, but it's long for a reason.
When I go to Vegas or ATL, it's fun, coz usually im there for meetings @ our offices there, and booze always follows.

Also, when u travel ur not alone. Ur with a guy or 2 or whatever. Im alone. If you are hiring pm me lol.

I dont mind the travel at all, im getting a little tired of the content (medical, hospitals..).

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Pays the bills man :)

I will let you know if we need more staff. You gonna come down to fl :)

that's what I do bro. im a software engineer, work for a medical software company. havent been doing any programming, just working on setting up interfaces and shit for clients. some troubleshooting trips... wahtever. most my trips are 2-3 days, airport - site - hotel - airport. Sometimes I get a long trip, but it's long for a reason.
When I go to Vegas or ATL, it's fun, coz usually im there for meetings @ our offices there, and booze always follows.

Also, when u travel ur not alone. Ur with a guy or 2 or whatever. Im alone. If you are hiring pm me lol.

I dont mind the travel at all, im getting a little tired of the content (medical, hospitals..).

nayfen

TDI NINJA
Good weather most of the time so we spend it outdoors wrestling crocodiles and drinking beer.

I think you will also find that that countdown was actually called the gayest no1's top fifty. If you want a better music countdown in Australia try the triple j hottest 100. The TV you were watching was probably the courtesy hotel channels; they want you to buy the movies or do some of the payed tours and activities not watch the old free TV re-runs.

s4mt3k

binary four
I was staying @ the Hilton Sydney, 399 a night. The hampton in for 59 a night in nebraska has 5 times as much more channels :iono:

Then I stayed @ the Hilton Melbourne (on the park), same thing.

Then I stayed @ the Ibis @ the airport, same thing.

I donno... Someone @ the site I was working @ had spent a couple months in the States and he said that TV in the US is a thousand times better...

Otherwise, I loved Sydney. Melbourne, I didnt get to see much honestly. Ppl are super friendly and most girls are tan and cute.

Australian cars? haha wtf... some weird ass shit for sure, but then saw a ton of dubs, audis and Alfas :)

saad

Go Kart Champion
Australia is cathign up now, but I just torrent all the shows I watch. The new Digital TV channels are good, and australian Cable is pretty decent too.

The dance music scene here is amazing though, a LOT of awesome local talent