GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How can anyone say this stuff with a straight face... lol

misaka

Ready to race!
My mom ended up getting a Honda Fit for when she's in Taiwan (probably will get her a Tiguan for here)... So I took a look at the webpage...

Here's some clipping from the description. Try saying them out loud with a straight face :p

"The Fit has a 117-hp, 1.5-liter, 16-valve, i-VTEC® 4-cylinder Engine for quicker acceleration. And with dynamic i-VTEC technology, power and torque are boosted at any engine speed."

"The steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters on the available automatic transmission Fit Sport model provides drivers with an engaging on-road experience."

"The 1.5-liter, 16-valve i-VTEC® engine gives the Fit a generous amount of horsepower in relation to its size and impressive fuel economy. One-hundred six-pound-feet of torque at a low 4800 rpm means drivers can enjoy quick acceleration, creating a comfortable driving experience."

I loled... at how they spelled out 106ft/lbs of torque to make it look less bad... and low low rpms of 48000.... If they didn't try so hard, this wouldn't be funny.

McQueen77

Banned
god those cars are turds. every time i see one i hate them. they look dorky, dorky zany design, cheap interior etc. etc. and the paddle shifters.. yeah, about as engaging as playing go fish with your grandparents.

ImmI

Ready to race!
Fit's with manuals are actually quite fun to drive

But that description pushed it too far

JhnR

Banned
id drive one if it was given to me for free. SLAM it and get some dished out wheels. :smoking:

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I had an 09 Fit Sport 5-Speed, I loved that car. They are very slow in straight line but it's a lot of fun to drive, on and off ramps and twisty roads, you could toss it around like a go kart, it was so light and nimble.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
its about as bad as my boss explaining that he drives a yota scion tc. and he goes on about how fast it is with the supercharger. i just shook my head.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Some feel its more fun to drive a slow car fast then drive a fast car slow. While the marketing may be a bit ambitious, can't blame them from trying to sell it as a fun little car - which it is.

McQueen77

Banned
any economy/appliance car with a stick will be way more fun to drive than an automatic until you get up into the higher end cars.. my wife has an '03 pontiac vibe with a 1.8L engine. its a complete turd in many ways but the 5 speed makes it fun. after a week in the 528i old man car w/the slushbox I had to take her car to the grocery store and it was much more fun than the bimmer, true story.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Someone driving a 911 may think the same about a GTI description.

It's all relative.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
didn't the Fit go through the slalom test in the same time as the C5 Z06 or something crazy along those lines? supposed to handle very well.

Someone driving a 911 may think the same about a GTI description.

It's all relative.

great point^

misaka

Ready to race!
I had an 09 Fit Sport 5-Speed, I loved that car. They are very slow in straight line but it's a lot of fun to drive, on and off ramps and twisty roads, you could toss it around like a go kart, it was so light and nimble.

]

It probably is fun to drive along, but I really think the advertising was way over the top. It wouldn't have been funny if they talked more about the driving dynamics, but all the stuff about low rpm torque and quicker acceleration is kinda silly.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
didn't the Fit go through the slalom test in the same time as the C5 Z06 or something crazy along those lines? supposed to handle very well.

great point^

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/03/2009-honda-fit-sport-track-tested.html

same as a C5 Z06? You kidding?

Slalom (mph): 65.8 (62.9 with traction control enabled)
Skid pad is at .78 the C5 is at 1G

An econobox on 195 all season tires and twist beam rear suspension vs the best track car for the money?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/03/2009-honda-fit-sport-track-tested.html

same as a C5 Z06? You kidding?

Slalom (mph): 65.8 (62.9 with traction control enabled)
Skid pad is at .78 the C5 is at 1G

An econobox on 195 all season tires and twist beam rear suspension vs the best track car for the money?

I never trust performance figures from Edmunds, its like the special olympics of car testing. It's out there somewhere -if I have time, I'll find it, but it did do well, iirc.