GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How can i get a good photo at night?

Kristian

my name isn't Kristian
Lets assume that i have no lighting what so ever. What settings should i use on my camera to get a decent shot. Should i set my ISO to auto, although i use a tripod? What about apeture etc...?
Thanks
Conor

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
for night ISO should always be turned as far down as possible to reduce or remove noise.

Aperture is really up to you, I mean obviously you arent going to try F22 probably best off around F8 or below. Then just adjust your shutter speed.

If all else fails buy a flash:bellyroll:

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
It really depends on what kind of camera you have, and what it is capable of.

The lower the ISO, the Longer the Exposure = Best night picture.

Best thing would be to go to flickr.com and look up "Night photography", find pictures you like, then look at the properties of the pictures for their iso/exposure/f-stop to get a feel.

Kristian

my name isn't Kristian
It really depends on what kind of camera you have, and what it is capable of.

The lower the ISO, the Longer the Exposure = Best night picture.

Best thing would be to go to flickr.com and look up "Night photography", find pictures you like, then look at the properties of the pictures for their iso/exposure/f-stop to get a feel.

Big Help, thanks pal

gs3xr_fun

TeamGo808.com
for night ISO should always be turned as far down as possible to reduce or remove noise.

if your subject is not moving and you are using a tripod then i agree that you can keep you ISO low but if you're shooting an event where not everything seat still then don't be afraid to bump up the ISO.