Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I pay online via money transfer.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • None of the Above.

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I have it set up on VW credit to do the auto draft thing.
Same here, it's been totally painless. They report to the credit reporting agencies so while you don't get any points, it does benefit your credit score.

re-fi'd my loan away from VW to my credit union for a better rate
I got lucky, when I bought my MKV they offered me 0% with $0 down -- can't beat that.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
If you're doing it automatically from your checking account, you should be doing a push from your bank with their bill pay. Never setup a 3rd party to do autodrafts against your account themselves. Security risk and even a typo on their end could accidentally wipe our your account.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
You don't have a send a paper check option? That's how I send my rent to my landlord monthly. I haven't seen her since I signed the lease.

Sending a check is not automatic, that is what I do but I hate needing to have stamps+envelopes+checks on hand and using them every month. Every other bill I have is paid online automatically and every other transaction I do is via debit or credit card. Paying rent is the only time I ever use any form of paper money (in this case checks, but I don't carry cash either) and the only time I ever use stamps :lol:

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Find a bank/credit union that lets you do auto bill pays where they mail the check for you for free. They're out there.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I asked my cc company (Amex) and VW Credit if I could pay with a credit card. Both said "no." Was hoping to rake up those extra points since the car payment is something I have to pay. I pay my balance + car payment every month so it would be nice to have them combined.

^This. Really annoying....LOL....I could see it with a Visa or MC cause that's just a bad idea to pay interest on a loan with another loan with interest.....but AMEX we pay at the end of the month. All those lost points...... :cry:

Oh well. We pay ours online, the GTI is with VW and the Jetta is with one of our banks.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
In doll hairs... :rolleyes:

McQueen77

Banned
Same here, it's been totally painless. They report to the credit reporting agencies so while you don't get any points, it does benefit your credit score.

I got lucky, when I bought my MKV they offered me 0% with $0 down -- can't beat that.

yeah i have the FICO to have gotten 0% if I had bought new but w/CPO I got 2.9 from VW and now am 1.9 w/my credit union. A point actually does make a difference over the course of the loan.
as for zero down, you can beat that... by putting some money down. just financing the taxes and fees w/zero down puts you instantly upside down on the car, not to mention instance depreciation, so, zero down on a new car means you are about $5k or more upside down on it for a while.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I assume that's sarcasm.

So 1990.
It's crazy how with banks here you cant just easily transfer money instantly to other accounts at other banks. US is so behind in bank technology. Even crazier that you can skip the PIN code when using debit card. And not having chip and pin is equally as crazy.
But some banks are half arsed implementing features in the right direction.
Used to pay rent by auto payment with Citibank. It would set off someone 3000 miles away creating a check and manually sending it over to the bank of landlord where it sits in an in tray until someone decides to do something with it. Ridiculous. Had to set my rent payment 12 days before due for the payment to go through in time.
But switched to Citibank popmoney which does it half properly and transfers electronically but takes 3 days still and can only do max $1000 a day so have to split the rent to two payments.
Banks annoy me. Sorry

rs999

Go Kart Champion
I asked my cc company (Amex) and VW Credit if I could pay with a credit card. Both said "no." Was hoping to rake up those extra points since the car payment is something I have to pay. I pay my balance + car payment every month so it would be nice to have them combined.

Do your credit cards have credit access paper checks?

If so and if you have credit discipline (not a shopaholic), deposit one of those credit checks with 1-12 months worth of VW payments into your checking account then auto draft a check to VW with your monthly payment.

You'll get points for the cash deposited and be able to pay VW with credit via your checking account.

The amount of months you take out in cash should be within your comfort zone of what you'd be comfortable to pay off each month. Otherwise you'll hold a balance.

jerm

Ready to race!
I paid off my GTI at the dealership, but with my last car I had my credit union auto-draft payments every month.