GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Long Have You Had You Golf/Golf R/Gti and How Old are You?

33b5e5

Passed Driver's Ed
Twice as old as YOU (you know who you are!) and I've had the GTI for 5 months now. One of my favorite cars, and I've owned many. Then again, half of them were shitboxes.

This is the 5th car I've owned that was made in part or in its entirety by VAG.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
had the golf for a little over a year

IHAZTERBO1

I'm 38 and had it for 4 months. I previously had a 03 Jetta 1.8T (24 miles when I bought it in 03). Sold it with 122k on the odometer and now I have a 2010 GTI. Just bought and exhaust system and coilovers for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I'm 34, and I've owned 5 VW's since 1999 (and nothing but VW's). This one I bought new in June 2012. :)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I'm 34, and I've owned 5 VW's since 1999 (and nothing but VW's). This one I bought new in June 2012. :)

Have you had any major issues with them? Which ones? :)

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Have you had any major issues with them? Which ones? :)

1988 Jetta GLI (heavily modded)
1995 Cabrio
2004.5 GLI (stage 2)
2003 20th AE GTI (stage 2)
2012 GTI (stage 2)

^^Those are what I've owned over the years. Never had any major issues with any of them, but they were all maintained properly (well the Cabrio wasn't until I bought it, so it needed some maintenance work at first).
The biggest "issue" was my clutch slipping at 20k on my current GTI....but that was after going stage 2, so I expected it. Loving the new SB clutch much more than the stock one anyways. :)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
1988 Jetta GLI (heavily modded)
1995 Cabrio
2004.5 GLI (stage 2)
2003 20th AE GTI (stage 2)
2012 GTI (stage 2)

^^Those are what I've owned over the years. Never had any major issues with any of them, but they were all maintained properly (well the Cabrio wasn't until I bought it, so it needed some maintenance work at first).
The biggest "issue" was my clutch slipping at 20k on my current GTI....but that was after going stage 2, so I expected it. Loving the new SB clutch much more than the stock one anyways. :)

Ah. You've had quite a few VW's!

I'll Start It off I have had my Gti for 7 months now and I am 16 years old!!

you're 16 and your mom bought you this car, kinda makes me angry. I know myself along with most people in here prob started off driving some POS and the slowly buying nicer and nicer cars over the years to get to this point.

I'm 26 and owned it just over a year now.

Last edited:
Everyone grows up in different financial situations, so don't hate on him for being in a different position then you were in.

*you're

I said kinda. and that means you are/were in a situation like him. But I'm not really all that jealous cause I know his and my car are nothing alike.

Darker Blitz

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm 23, and bought my GTI 8 months ago. I have never had a car this long and still like it, so I think I'll have this one for quite some time :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk