GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many giants drive GTI's?

Redzgti

Ready to race!
I'm surprised to see this many people on here that are larger. Have most of you guys had smaller cars in the past?

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised to see this many people on here that are larger. Have most of you guys had smaller cars in the past?

6'5" / 240lbs

This is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned... I have not had to own a car for last four years due to living in Los Angeles. Motorcycle heaven...I could never own a car out there. Anyway, got suckered into moving back to Jersey and was forced to buy a car again... My last car was a 2000 Civic Si, I did not even come close to fitting in that one. Don't miss that car at all.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
6'4 230LB, i get picked on about it, but hey.

I can fold down the rear seats and put a full size fridge in it, and on avg get about 30MPG... so eat it haha!

SRT2GTI

Banned
Ga damn some of you are big son's o' bitches. 6'1" 205 and my GTI is the most comfortable car I've owned. (When I first purchased the car the Autobahn leather seats were a little uncomfortable. After messing with the seats until they were perfect...I found them to be a lot more comfortable.)

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
What the 6'7+ guys forget to say is they removed the front seat and use only the rear. Less weight and better center of balance for the car. :thumbsup:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
6'4" 250 lbs. very comfy. No complaints. People always ask how I fit in my car. They just dont get it.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
6'7 and 220

I was seriously considering the Mini Cooper too.

My last car was a Toyota Celica...the GTI is huge in comparison.

These cars aimed at young guys without families tend to fit tall guys well because they don't care about rear leg room. End up being cramped in sedans/suvs/etc.

Bender1

Banned
6'7 and 220

I was seriously considering the Mini Cooper too.

My last car was a Toyota Celica...the GTI is huge in comparison.

These cars aimed at young guys without families tend to fit tall guys well because they don't care about rear leg room. End up being cramped in sedans/suvs/etc.

Funny thing is more leg room in this than my s60

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'm 6'3 w/ long legs. The extra clearance from flat bottom wheel is great!

flug2012

Ready to race!
6'5" and have no problems driving my GTI. Smallest car I ever owned, a Cooper S, makes the GTI feel giant! :thumbsup:

Junk307

Passed Driver's Ed
Seat hater here - that'll teach me for not test driving it. drove a used MkV at the dealer and then decided to order a MkVI without test driving - idiot!

6'2' 235 - muscular upper legs and find it tight on outside of thighs - mates tell me I have to stop eating the pies - cheeky pricks.

Seats are the only thing making me want to sell as i find it annoying on an old quad injury (fasciotomy) especially as the ride is firm this further aggrevates.

Seat uppers are a good fit and hold good in cornering - but would like some more lumbar support.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
6'4" here. As much room as my E55 and more then my Carrera 4. Never get comments like some others about the GTI. Got them all them time in the Carrera.