GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to cancel drone with a Quarter Wave Tube

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Nah, f that. Throw that qwt on and then decide.
Its quite a bit of money. My local shop wants $150 for the tube plus another 200 to 300 to weld the whole system. I will have it done soon and see how it goes. I miss being able to hear my actual exhaust, for the past month its just been a boomy bass filled cabin.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
For just the qwt, or the whole exhaust?
They want $150 for the QWT and $200 to $300 to weld the whole exhaust system (its all clamped together right now). So total would be between $350 and $450. They are using stainless though.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
That's not a terrible deal. Maybe do the qwt and see if it fixes the issue enough that you want to keep it. If so, have the rest welded. Or don't, as long as it's not leaking I don't imagine it matters that much.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
That's not a terrible deal. Maybe do the qwt and see if it fixes the issue enough that you want to keep it. If so, have the rest welded. Or don't, as long as it's not leaking I don't imagine it matters that much.

Tough decision. You've got a lot into the exhaust already. If you bail now, you can get something for the exhaust, but if you weld it and cut it out, maybe not. My guess is that the QWT will help a lot but not eliminate it. If so, it comes down to whether the drone is a nuisance or an earworm. If you can't stand one bit of it, I'd bail. If you just want it reduced, I'd try the QWT.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Well, we're gonna do one on a subaru, almost the same drone area as my car, we'll see how it goes. I'm stoked to get a second before/after to compare the results.