GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to disconnect, move,and reconnect washer and dryer?

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
I'm moving soon. Any advice as to the steps to properly and safely disconnect it?

Honestly, I don't even know what they look like from behind so I dont wanna pull a water line and find out its actually always running etc.

Pretty new Samsung front loaders btw.

Also, something two guys with a hand truck can handle, right?

And finally, steps to reconnecting it at the new place?

Muellebs

Ready to race!
Shut the water off to the washer first. There should be a shut off located at the connection to the washer hoses, one for each hot/cold. Yes. Two guys with a truck should be fine. My 57 year old father and I loved mine out of a third floor apartment and into the second story of a house. Make sure to tape the power cords up so you don't trip on them and tape the doors shut.

Edit. Throw the dryer vent away and buy a new one. They are cheap and not worth messing with. Braided stainless washer lines are best if you need to replace yours. When hooking them up make sure you get the hot/cold right or your washing cycles will be off. Sweep the dryer vents out while you have access.

Last edited:

krokmitten

Ready to race!
I got the Samsung silver care on high steps and its heavy as f@#$. I paid movers for my appliances..

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It's pretty self explanatory once you're back there... Make sure to shut off both water lines before disconnecting them!

nik

Go Kart Champion
Don't know about where you live, but only use the metallic/ aluminum dryer vent lines. They are fire rated unlike the white pvc ones. It's against code where I live to have the PVC ones now.