GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to get rid of "GTI" Logo on Front Grille

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
In North America, VW no longer imports the "normal" Golf 8 - the only products available are the GTI and the R.

I (reluctantly) purchased a Golf GTI last month to replace my 2015 Golf Highline. I have removed all the GTI badging from the rear and sides of the car and now want to get rid of the GTI logo on the front grille. It appears to me that this logo is a stand-alone part about 6 inches long.

Can any of our European forum members tell me if it is possible to order a simple plain black bar to replace this GTI logo - in other words, a replacement part that would result in the right side of the grille looking the same as the left side, with no logo of any kind there?

I have had no luck trying to look up such a part at my North American dealer because the parts catalog in North America only lists parts used on Golfs that are imported to North America. Hence the only two parts that show up are the GTI logo and the R logo - no plain part without a logo.

If someone could check with their dealer and let me know the part number for a plain black bar I would be very grateful. I'm even willing to mail you the GTI logo that I remove as a thank-you!

Michael

Logo I want to get rid of
IMG_1493.JPG

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
There isn’t an off the shelf part that would fit your needs unfortunately, it is possible to replace both left and right light strips though, ones from some other model variants that have matrix headlights specced don’t always have a model designation badge, the LIFE model for example has a plain gloss strip below the light bar, this wouldn’t have the red strip though.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14528373...p2LCNeJSEm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Attachments

• IMG_3614.jpeg
    IMG_3614.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 11

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It may also be possible to modify the badge by removing the GTI lettering, and carefully smoothing the part back to leave just the plain bar, and then having it painted gloss black, it may or may not be possible to do this, but might be worthwhile looking in to.