GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how to mimic a power surge lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

vw_krazy

As i'm trying to write this 10 page paper right now I realized I my warranty on this laptop is almost over. so this may sound stupid but I need a new laptop and this is what I have to do. I worked at futureshop for a while (f***kin hated it) and while i was there I got my laptop. I also got the extended warranty so that i could just bring it in and then pay the difference for an upgrade. WELL somehow my laptop has held up like a rock and has not 1 problem. the only guy in tech left so now I have to legitimately "brake it" in order to get a new one. I cant just brake it cuz it'll show signs of physical damage, obviously, so the best thing would be to fry it, like when a power surge happens. thats pretty much the only way i can think of that would damage it enough to the point they wouldnt fix it and just give me a new one. HOW THE HELL could I "mimic" a power surge, is it even possible. And please no stupid reply's that'll risk setting my house on fire lol as stupid as this idea sounds i'll be saving like $800 on a new laptop, and I know that they cover power surges... Any suggestions?

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
You can't have it connected with the regular cord I know that, it protects against surges. That being said if you were able to find a cord from Europe that runs on 220v and got a 220v converter it would probably fry the computer. Do some more research, this could potentially be dangerous.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Isn't this illegal?

I'm pretty sure this would fall under warranty fraud.

vw_krazy

why would it be illegal?

Anyways, i know that the adapter thing on the charger is supposed to protect it too but i dont think there are any wires w/o it. and then id still have to wait for a surge wouldnt i?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
clear nail polish all the contacts on the RAM slots. then stick RAM in gently, no POST. they swap the RAM no POST possibly.

yeah i didn't tell you

vw_krazy

^^^ tell me what? lol

thats the kinda stuff i need to know. you know hypothetically if i were to do it.

-wiretap-

hax0r
lol, you asshat.

If you want to fry the whole mainboard, I have an easy solution for you.

Make an ether-killer.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Isn't this illegal?

I'm pretty sure this would fall under warranty fraud.

I agree with you 100%.

why would it be illegal?

Anyways, i know that the adapter thing on the charger is supposed to protect it too but i dont think there are any wires w/o it. and then id still have to wait for a surge wouldnt i?

It's illegal because it is fraudulent. This is a lot like insurance fraud. You know, like when you get baited in to a rear-ender and all of a sudden 10 Mexicans (not trying to be racist here, just proving a point) jump out of that hooptie and ALL of them have neck pains. :thumbdown:

But, whatever mang! I'm not trying to be righteous or judgmental, just voicing my view. And in my opinion, what you are doing is morally incorrect and fraudulent. Certainly, posting it in a public forum isn't the smartest thing either. Now people from half way around the world knows what your intentions are. :bellyroll:

Just whatever you do, don't burn your house down. Ha ha ha.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.