GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just adds to the fuel of me wanting to get the verus diffuser

I wish they did on for the GSW & preferably in ABS or GRP...

& yes I'm looking again at the underside of mine in the rear area....will have to get creative with sheet ABS....I've seen bodge jobs using some Mk8 Golf parts, but you might as well make from scratch as its bodged so much!!

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I wish they did on for the GSW & preferably in ABS or GRP...

& yes I'm looking again at the underside of mine in the rear area....will have to get creative with sheet ABS....I've seen bodge jobs using some Mk8 Golf parts, but you might as well make from scratch as its bodged so much!!
Making plans to do the same for my gas tank area. My brother works on Jets and is going to bring some aluminum over.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Making plans to do the same for my gas tank area. My brother works on Jets and is going to bring some aluminum over.

Fit some dynamat or similar to the body facing side of that sheet to deaden the sound of stuff hitting the alu panels....not much just 1/4 coverage is enough.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Fit some dynamat or similar to the body facing side of that sheet to deaden the sound of stuff hitting the alu panels....not much just 1/4 coverage is enough.
yup that my only big concern with the verus piece, I’ve seen and felt it in person on a friends car locally but his car was so loud and NVH heavy the effects weren’t gaugeable.

I’m Already in the process of sound deadening my interior with the 3 layer process (butly,CCF, MLV) the last thing I want to do is reintroduce panel resonance.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
yup that my only big concern with the verus piece, I’ve seen and felt it in person on a friends car locally but his car was so loud and NVH heavy the effects weren’t gaugeable.

I’m Already in the process of sound deadening my interior with the 3 layer process (butly,CCF, MLV) the last thing I want to do is reintroduce panel resonance.

It's not tooo bad. I have all-aluminum ECS panels and sometimes notice dirt getting kicked up and bouncing off of them. I also have a verus unit, but I honestly can't tell most of the time while driving.

GPL

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf 1.5
Hi

Can someone give the VW part numbers to the panels please as i think these are the ones i need for my 2018 1.5 tsi DSG.

Many Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_113032.jpg
    IMG_20201103_113032.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 271

GPL

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf 1.5
Hi Dave
I think these are the part numbers bits i need for my MK 7.5 1.5 TSI EVO DSG
Can anyone confirm please before i order.

Front Wishbone covers = 5WA407118 = 5WA407117

Front Subframe Cover = 3QO 199 110B

Front Exhaust Tunnel Cover = 5QO825206K No sure which one for my car.
or 229C

Rear wishbone Covers = 5QO 501 733 = 5Q0 501 734.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi Dave
I think these are the part numbers bits i need for my MK 7.5 1.5 TSI EVO DSG
Can anyone confirm please before i order.

Front Wishbone covers = 5WA407118 = 5WA407117

Front Subframe Cover = 3QO 199 110B

Front Exhaust Tunnel Cover = 5QO825206K No sure which one for my car.
or 229C

Rear wishbone Covers = 5QO 501 733 = 5Q0 501 734.

I don't have the current ETKA....

but as far as I'm aware the part numbers I have listed in my threads are still valid...

I haven't done the front arm covers due to having the Audi air guides for the brakes..so can't comment 100%, but looking at the thread its the Mk8 Golf ones.. with 5WA part number..

The front subframe cover which requires drilling into the subframe is from the Tiguan & I used the part as stated in the thread...3Q0 199 110 B

The front exhaust tunnel cover is dependant on if you have a pipe or exhaust box in that area..what do you have??

The rear lower arm covers for multilink again are as stated in that thread..form the Mk8 Golf...5Q0 501 733 & 734

The rear exhaust tunnel cover is as stated in the thread..5Q0 825 206 C (K) whichever ETKA states as I stated in the thread:- The part code is 5Q0 825 206C, although ETKA says the product has been superseded by version "K". The item still has "C" moulded onto it, & is stickered over with "K" on the ID sticker! ETKA describes this rear trim as "production ceased 2013, replacement part is K".

As for the front aero or skid tray which one do you want??..aero full tray, one duct or loads of ducts or reinforced skid tray with one duct or no ducts??..

What about the short rear axle cover??...again thats the Mk5/6 version...some have used the Mk8 version which requires more trimming..again part number in the thread..1K0 501 682,

Also what does your car have??..what parts are you wanting as you don't list all the parts in the photo you have shown...

GPL

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 7.5 Golf 1.5
I think i will stick with my original engine cover for now , i have posted my under car pics on page 60 if you recall.

Many thanks
Front Tunnel cover is the one i need confirmed not the alloy one if possible.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I think i will stick with my original engine cover for now , i have posted my under car pics on page 60 if you recall.

Many thanks
Front Tunnel cover is the one i need confirmed not the alloy one if possible.

& I said in reply:-
You have the diesel noise insulation full aero tray....the vents for the DSG would be facing the front...but I can't see any from those photos.

The front exhaust tunnel tray, you don't have as you have your second cat there as they have now moved it from the down pipe.....You could fit the all metal tray from the Mk8 Golf/Tiguan...if you are worried about melting the plastic/foil lined Mk7 Tray..

So either get the all metal front cover from the Mk8 Golf..or get the very short MK7 Golf cover (aero lip) for your exhaust type.(which includes GTE/AWD)...:-

For short cover (GTE & 4WD):-
Item No.14:- 5Q0 825 230 J,
Lining (cover) short length, £??.?? (x1)

The plastic one with foil lining is the one as in the thread & your only other option..

You still have all the other trays to fit if you want to do as per that photo of trays you cribbed from the thread..

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Have I f&£€d up?
I’ve ordered 3c0501713a for a hatch, it was in my notes that it was superseded with the mk8 one but I emailed dealer my full list & I missed it so didn’t delete it.
re reading thread it looks like this one needs heavily modifying.

Rob.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Have I f&£€d up?
I’ve ordered 3c0501713a for a hatch, it was in my notes that it was superseded with the mk8 one but I emailed dealer my full list & I missed it so didn’t delete it.
re reading thread it looks like this one needs heavily modifying.

Rob.

3c0501713a is the Passat rear axle cover (long type)...

You need either the MK5/6 (1K0 501 713D) or the MK8 short cover, but the Mk8 version seems to require a bit of modification..looking at people who have posted they have done it..