GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I love the MK 8 Golf, BUT......

Dni4ss

There are 3 things that bug me off the top of my head right now about my MK 8 R Line....
1. No ability to toggle Lane Assist off permanently
2. When you nip onto the shop and back out; unless you leave the engine running (not advised!) The Drive Mode defaults back to D!
3. No cheap simple cover for the drinks cup holder bit like there was on the MK 7!

Do think the MK 9 if it comes will be electric, I have drove MK6, MK7 and MK7.5. Believe this MK 8 will be my last. Mk7.5 will be my favourite!

Any recent gripes you have folks have with the MK8? Who agrees with my few? Cheers!
1. you can disable the line assist option permanently in the sense that on the next start it is off by default with obd11, I just tested it for a month.

Dni4ss

1. you can disable the line assist option permanently in the sense that on the next start it is off by default with obd11, I just tested it for a month.

Attachments

• IMG_8971.jpeg
    IMG_8971.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 104

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Every time I get in the car I press the button on the end of the left stalk and then press the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel. Lane assist is now off. Bit of a pain but not that arduous. To turn off this ‘safety feature’ permanently might invalidate your insurance … forget that … jfdi if you can!

Dni4ss

Every time I get in the car I press the button on the end of the left stalk and then press the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel. Lane assist is now off. Bit of a pain but not that arduous. To turn off this ‘safety feature’ permanently might invalidate your insurance … forget that … jfdi if you can!
as you can see in the picture it says "memory".
At the next start, it remains off as you set it last time !

Arky

Every time I get in the car I press the button on the end of the left stalk and then press the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel. Lane assist is now off. Bit of a pain but not that arduous. To turn off this ‘safety feature’ permanently might invalidate your insurance … forget that …
Don’t understand the obd11 reference?