GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I used to own one of these.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
Mine was an S320 though...my first car, handed down from dad, to brother, to me. It was the most incredible car I will ever drive in my life, and it is my life goal to eventually buy another.

I was bored and feeling nostalgic so I did some research and this is the finest example of the W140 (chassis designation) I have ever seen that still exists today. Low miles, mint paint and interior, and just general beauty. I can only pray no one buys this exact car for the next 8 years or so when I have the cash to snatch it up.

It is, in a word, perfect. I genuinely believe that it is one of the greatest cars ever built in automobile history. Easily top 5.

Edit: ok, close to perfect. I'd throw some AMG monoblocks on it and call it a day. They came standard on the 1999 S500 Grand Edition, and they just suit the body style so well.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=25&cardist=708&standard=false

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
incredible condition....

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
One of my favorite mercedese ever. Def a great car but the s600 is a maint. Nightmare. Id rock one if i had the money to.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
One of my favorite mercedese ever. Def a great car but the s600 is a maint. Nightmare. Id rock one if i had the money to.

Oh for sure. These things sell on the cheap all over the place...I mean you can get a fully loaded w140 S600/600SEL for 9 grand, but you'll put over 15 in maintenance into it.

$30k for a car with no iPod dock. ***** you crazy.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you ever actually owned a W140 S class, You'd never drive another car. The particular model for sale here would put most Bentleys and Rolls Royces to shame in terms of build quality.