GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ideal Engine Swap

glory

Ready to race!
With any amount of money and time any engine can be swapped into any car. My current favorite is the LSx into an FD RX-7. Gorgeous looks and good old NA power. I want to hear what other favorite swaps are out there. Unleash the imagination!

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
LS motor in a miata always sounded bad ass to me. Never seen it, but I know some are out there.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
LS motor in a miata always sounded bad ass to me. Never seen it, but I know some are out there.

I've seen one. When the guy fired up the engine the whole car shook. Motor mounts were something like 1cm thick 85b durometer poly. That thing had NO room to move around!

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
http://jalopnik.com/5604250/ten-crazy-engine-swaps/

and for those that like videos like me.

@troyguitar, i think a tri rotor mazda engine in a delorean wins :)

Surprised the jalopnik list didn't include this: http://jalopnik.com/5495611/a-1700+hp-ford-granada-makes-all-the-sense-in-the-world

I'd be happy with any big horsepower motor, say 500+, in a Volvo wagon.

These stand out:
Volvo Amazon with a later-vintage Volvo 2.8 turbo motor built by a Koenigsegg engineer:

Volvo 240/5 wagon w/ a turbo LS1 swap:

I think this is a previous motor build:

Also, I'll eventually have a S10 LSx or Ranger Coyote motor swap, because I'm kind of a hick.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
On that show GEARS the guy put a big block Ford motor into a Miata a also put a Shelby cobra kit on it. I'm not sure if it is done yet though.

glory

Ready to race!
There is a guy in Ohio somewhere who put an LS1 into a Delorean... pretty sure he wins.

That would be an excellent swap. Winning I am not sure of, podium finish possibly.

LS motors in Miatas are cool.

S85 in an e30 m3

or more practical

S85 in e46 m3

there videos of both on youtube

Oh an s85 would be heaven. Ill have to look up videos when I'm not at work.

My personal favorite would have to be an LS1 into an S2000. Brilliant.

Those are nice too, but I prefer the styling of an FD RX-7. I contemplated this swap as well.

Surprised the jalopnik list didn't include this: http://jalopnik.com/5495611/a-1700+hp-ford-granada-makes-all-the-sense-in-the-world

I'd be happy with any big horsepower motor, say 500+, in a Volvo wagon.

These stand out:
Volvo Amazon with a later-vintage Volvo 2.8 turbo motor built by a Koenigsegg engineer:

Volvo 240/5 wagon w/ a turbo LS1 swap:

I think this is a previous motor build:

Also, I'll eventually have a S10 LSx or Ranger Coyote motor swap, because I'm kind of a hick.

That wagon is lovely. Going to have to read up on it. Those small trucks would be a hoot with those swaps.

Mk6 gti with Porsche GT2 engine rear mounted, awd

If you find out how to do this let me know hahaha.

Is there a european counterpart to the LSx?