GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If I had a Toyota…

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
If I had a Toyota Corolla I wouldn’t need to belong to a forum. Life would rather boring because I would be driving a reliable Corolla rather than a flawed Golf Mk8 and therefore wouldn’t have the pleasure of being a contributor to this excellent forum.

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Out of curiosity I’ve just had a quick look at recent posts on a couple of Toyota Corolla forums - there are very few posts relating to problems with current model or late date previous model Corollas, so reliability does seem to be a feature.

I’ve never owned a Japanese car (I learnt to drive in one back in the 1970’s) but a Toyota will be on the list to research when the time comes to change my current car.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I love my Golf Mk8 GTE but I have say I have had more than my fair share of software issues. I would seriously consider the latest VASTLY improved Toyota Prius in PHEV form as my next car. Unfortunately and annoyingly Toyota are not going to import the excellent PHEV version into the UK.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Right decision going with a naturally aspirated Toyota. My mom bought a Lexus Is200T the same year as my old Mk7, and like clockwork both cars had their waterpumps fail at 40k miles. Kind of shocking to see a Lexus engineered engine fail like that so early in its life, but reading up on it apparently it was hardly an isolated case. With Toyota only just now really starting to roll out their first ever wave of mass market turbo engines, I'm not too certain the first-generation effort is going to live up to their sterling reputation of reliability...

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
I love my Golf Mk8 GTE but I have say I have had more than my fair share of software issues. I would seriously consider the latest VASTLY improved Toyota Prius in PHEV form as my next car. Unfortunately and annoyingly Toyota are not going to import the excellent PHEV version into the UK.
A lot of reviews here in Ireland have noted it wouldn't be available in the UK yet will be here. It does indeed looks a very attractive car, maybe import one from here - probably not a great idea though price wise and every other wise.

https://www.toyota.ie/models/prius-plugin

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
A lot of reviews here in Ireland have noted it wouldn't be available in the UK yet will be here. It does indeed looks a very attractive car, maybe import one from here - probably not a great idea though price wise and every other wise.

https://www.toyota.ie/models/prius-plugin
From the front profile, the new Prius has styling cues that remind me of the fifth generation Toyota Celica.

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Good news! Toyota has changed it’s mind. They ARE going to bring the latest VERY MUCH improved Prius to the UK next year. I believe it will only be available as a PHEV. An excellent RELIABLE replacement for my GTE. Not as quick but fast enough.

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Mature driver, if toyota is what U want go for it.
I understand they are no longer as reliable as they once
were. For me I'll keep my MK7.5 and be happy.

Reactions: tos

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
If I had a Toyota Corolla...
- you would need to adapt your bottom to narrow seat
- would have accepted thin tin metallic sounds when closing the fuel cover and lightweight rear trunk door
- would need to engage ACC and Autohold each time after starting the engine
- get used to Asian GUI style and sounds

Soundsystem is decent if played loud.
Car will definitely bring you from point A to B. Engine I drove (Corolla Sedan 1.5 for 2 weeks) had quite good acceleration at low RPM, also car was quite lightweight.