GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had $15,000 to spend on a USED car

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
As an only car I would look for something newer, maybe a Hyundai Veloster or Sonata turbo. Can't beat the warranty and it would suck to buy a used car at the top of your budget and then have to put money into it.

As an additional toy, it would definitely be a high mileage 03-04 Cobra.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna amend my answer since the prices have since came down, but Id get one of the GT86 twins hands down.

So for me it would be
1. BRZ/FRS
2. S2000
3. C5 Corvette
4. Mk5/6 GTI
5. 1.8L Miata

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
15k? Hmm... Probably go for a private sale MK6 GTI lol. Maybe even an MK6 TDI and mod it to look/drive like a GTI, with 50+ mpg. Maybe a laser blue 2008 Mk5 GLI (one of my favorite cars ever) if I could find one that's been meticulously cared for on VWVortex.

That or:

In my situation, I could actually buy a CC w/ 60k miles for 8k off my mom. However, I wrecked that car in the snow 3 years ago and it was either A) never fixed properly, or B) should've been written off as a total loss when the damage was inspected bc the suspension is so beyond whacked that I believe there almost has to be an issue with the strut tower. Other than that, it's been bulletproof, never been in for a single repair (no water pumps, tensioner was replaced before it grenaded the engine, etc).

Tbh when I'm done with school this May and I start making enough money I might get the CC inspected at a reputable shop and see if it's worth buying off my mom and turning into a DD project car.

Excuse my thread jacking...

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
AP2 S2K without a doubt. Clean e36 M3. Any evo for 15k has been beat to shit and is most likely garbage. Although rare, a low mileage 90's tt car like the rx7, 300zx, or vr4.

My father and I both had 300GT VR4's and they were cool but huge money pits. We both had to replace the engines and transmissions. Not many people know how to work on them either.

You get a 2011-12 Coyote 5.0 Mustang GT with some miles for around $15-17kish.

They are quick and reliable out of the box and easy to mod.

I am on my 3rd coyote and never had one issue with any of them. I drive them like I stole them too.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Hmm, good question... I would buy a Harley FatBob, S2000, 2004 M3(whatever number or body style that is), a turboed not beat to shit R32.

OH YEA, 2005 STI TOO.

\w/

Ready to race!
Mazda Miata...

i saw an older lady selling her 1999 miata (green with white leather interior) excellent condition, 75,000 miles for like $3,000. wish i had the space for it :/

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Mazda Miata...

i saw an older lady selling her 1999 miata (green with white leather interior) excellent condition, 75,000 miles for like $3,000. wish i had the space for it :/

Excellent choice. Then 12k to fix it up?

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I was going to go with a MK1 TT 1.8T 6speed AWD as my backup car to my mk7.
However dropping all that money into a 12-14 year old car AND dumping tons of money into a mk7 golf made no sense.

so i bought a CPO Toyota Butt-Plug-in as my daily.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I found a Red 6-Speed Jetta TDi Cup Edition w/ 65K miles for 13,900 in NC on Autotrader. It has DPF delete+stage 2 Malone and the seller claims he has gotten 57mpg on Florida highways. That's a damn good deal if ya ask me.