GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you were buying again DSG or MT

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I mean... what's the point of saying this? You're not going to change his mind by being a dick about it and just makes all manual drivers look bad by saying stupid things like this.

I remember getting into it with @tigeo and a few others on the FB group because one of the DSG guys said all manual drivers are retarded (among other things). Doesn't feel nice to really be on the receiving end of either side.
There is no point. I truly don't give a shit what your transmission is. It's just funny to see the responses. People take it so personally, it's ridiculous.

I was 50-50 on dsg or manual myself and I stuck to what I know.

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Went with a DSG since it's a daily for my spouse and I who live in the city and she never learned how to drive a stick. Honestly, I don't miss manual in the bumper to bumper, or when having to pull off a tight parking job. Still a very fun car no matter which transmission you end up going with IMHO.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I mean... what's the point of saying this? You're not going to change his mind by being a dick about it and just makes all manual drivers look bad by saying stupid things like this.

I remember getting into it with @tigeo and a few others on the FB group because one of the DSG guys said all manual drivers are retarded (among other things). Doesn't feel nice to really be on the receiving end of either side.
It's hilarious and obviously a joke. I don't give two shits who prefers what trans. The dsg vs manual debate always ends the same and it's funny every time. If you don't see the humor then don't join

bentin

Autocross Champion

It doesn't? I fully admit that my insistence upon a manual is pretty damned stupid. Make fun of me, I'm slower, get worse mileage, need a new clutch (immediately after replacing it) and have a higher chance of crank walk. But I'm not changing either. It's more about messaging, and his messaging was mildly belligerent.

But the 10" shorter than me wife can't drive my car and will never f up my mirrors or seat. So I'm keeping at it, r word or not.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Memes only from here out
83666307_1042689689444294_5370646523912650752_o.jpg

KyleSMTL

Have a dsg, would buy the manual next time. I've owned quite a few manual cars and this is my first dsg. I like the dsg, but manual is just more fun.
Honestly I think that’s the route I’m going to go aswell. I’m never ever in traffic, and honestly I’m scared that if I get a dsg ill eventually miss driving manual. How much faster is the dsg really?

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
manual.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1628278078597.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1628278533577.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I also don't think it matters as much for the mk6. The argument for a dsg is stronger with a mk7, especially the R since they're so much quicker in 1st/2nd and shifting 1st to 2nd is usually peoples biggest complaint with a manual.