GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm bored throw some ideas at me..

outshined

Go Kart Champion
I would never own a Cayman as my only car.

That being said, there are definitely leases cheaper than 199/month with 2k down. The Fit *manufacturer advertised* lease is 149/month with 2k due at signing. But that is still more money than just one car.

My one car options would be GTI, Golf R, Tiguan, A3, A4, S4.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well we can all move past the econobox discussion I already own one and have no interest in buying another+sports car i'd rather have one car or keep my current tdi and get another.
MY TDI makes the perfect commuter car for the next two years anyways, so there is no way I'd a honda sh(F)it.

Depreciation is clocked at 1500-2k a year, I will average 36mpg, it has a DSGAY and the peak torque comes on at 2200rpms. Not to mention I still have a warranty.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So... Mk6 TDI, I mean Super Bee it is then.

:laugh: wut

mk6 R or Gayman S . I am still doing my research on the Gayman S. I am now comfortable that I can maintain it myself at least for the basics.

I am however not confident with the IMS failure rates+common fixes. It seems like there is no retrofit for the 06-08 cars and full engine replacement is the only option.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You should give the Super Bee a shot. If you don't like it you can always get another Mk6 TDI.

Ya sure thing can you send me some links ?:thumbsup:

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
I've read a lot about the IMS failures as I've been close many times to buying a Gheyman. I came to the conclusion that if I'd buy one, if I could find a car with a solid maintenance history (and records to prove it) from someone that clearly knew the car and cared about it. It's just not widespread enough to be a guaranteed failure, and I'd just change the oil more frequently and not be afraid to wind the bitch out from time to time to keep it happy. I think it's a slightly overblown issue, for the Gheymans at least.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
trying to catch up.. some interesting high mileage examples here, pcar and GS.

TPMS.. that's nothing new.. most oem sets run 150-250, easily, depending on the brand of course. dat luxury tax.

+1 on hearing some of the IMS stuff being blown out of proportion.. so perhaps in this case, its best to buy a car that HAS been tracked? lol ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I haven't heard anything about tracking helping matter of fact eveything I read high rpms make it worse :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Blue Golf R has been sold... Dealer didn't get back to me sat or counter my offer. No other potential cars mk6 R cars that I like are in the area.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The 2013 Mustang GT manual with Recaros for 30k... sold too. That car didn't even last a week ! Damn!

Somewhat local dealer has the new 2015 mustang in stock..

http://www.serramonteford.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-Mustang-12edf1a70a0a0064210cc9750dc0d381.htm

Looks great... to be honest that interior is WORLDS apart from the old.

The Performance pack ecoboost brakes look beefy as hell too... HMMM...
A manual version with non nav is actually priced not too badly... esp if you can get it with some kind of ford discount.

Thumper

Autocross Champion