GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm browsing schools on the Internet

boostedGTIguy

Dub or Die!
And I find that the university of southern cal raised tuitions AGAIN this year? It's averaging at 38 - 40k A YEAR!!! I'm going to be using my GI BILL and to my knowledge it caps at around 67k. Bit then I heard a rumor that the GI BILL has no money amount anymore (post 9/11) and it's just 3 free years of school no matter where you go. I'm confused... any vets care to shed some light?

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah tuition prices are fucking ridiculous. My university is hiking their tuition up another 2k next year. Good thing I graduate in May.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
lol at 38-40k a year. My parents are getting hit hard with BU being 52k a year...I'm pretty much a slave to them for it. but law school is on me.

Lucidity

Marx
lol at 38-40k a year. My parents are getting hit hard with BU being 52k a year...I'm pretty much a slave to them for it. but law school is on me.

I'd ask for 100k in start up funds instead... My entire time served at the local UNC chapter won't even equal 3/4 of one of your years....That's insane.

InertiaCreeps

Passed Driver's Ed
Side question,
How much debt do US students on average have by the time the graduate a 4 year degree? Just wondering for me in Canada after four years the cost is about 20,000 (no books in that)

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I think it would be hard to get a solid average just from a few responses.

Considering the vastly varying costs in schools and the amount of financial aid and tuition assistance that is dolled out based on a never ended degree of variables...

I would say on "average" $20-25k seems about right for most. Anyone else?

I enjoy my $0 though. ha

Lucidity

Marx

Considering the vastly varying costs in schools and the amount of financial aid and tuition assistance that is dolled out based on a never ended degree of variables...

I enjoy my $0 though. ha

According to the google, 27,803 was the average for last year.

Lucidity

Marx
I'd tend to believe that then. Sounds good to me.

http://www.finaid.org/loans/

I really can't see why someone that didn't have the money would borrow it to go to some of these schools. I guess the numerous case studies that I have read have convinced me that going to a private school doesn't pay out in the end once you balance it with the debt you put yourself in. I mean let's just say you shell out that kind of money, an employer should only expect that you're going to want to get some large salary from it, so in this economy or any really, what's their incentive to hire you over the public graduate? Over half of the CEOs of Fortune 100 companies come from public schools now so...

MrMark4 GLi

Ready to race!

I enjoy my $0 though. ha

:paddle::paddle:

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
http://www.finaid.org/loans/

I really can't see why someone that didn't have the money would borrow it to go to some of these schools. I guess the numerous case studies that I have read have convinced me that going to a private school doesn't pay out in the end once you balance it with the debt you put yourself in.

I agree, a quality education can be had with putting yourself $30k in debt. I guess they do it for the "prestige"?

Lucidity

Marx
I'd like to think I earned it. No remorse here ha!

Definitely, although it's a shame one some might have to go through in order to earn it, just so they can afford a decent education.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Well for me there was certainly little option. My parents each make six figures so I sure as hell wouldn't get any financial aid out of high school and I refused to have them pay for it. Furthermore I didn't want to be saddled with $20k or even $10k in debts out of college. Just made sense considering it was something I planned on doing anyways.

The military isn't the devil contrary to popular belief and I do highly support it as a gateway to higher learning.