GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
I don't doubt that, but that doesn't mean this factory is also selling OEM blocks to VW factory lines. If the blocks and cranks are new then it's not too bad a deal at all.
I hope they are man, it’s a great deal if legit. I’ll keep you posted on what I end up getting delivered to my door, along with any updates regarding communication with this specific supplier

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So one thing I wanted go back to I didn't really see talked about.

Chinese assembled EA 888 Gen 3 engine (CNTA; which was my engine code)

Your engine code was CNTA? For a GTI in the US, shouldn't it be either CXCA\CXCB? From my limited internet searching, there's no reason a CNTA shouldn't work, but it looks like that's the Audi A3 engine code?

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
So one thing I wanted go back to I didn't really see talked about.

Your engine code was CNTA? For a GTI in the US, shouldn't it be either CXCA\CXCB? From my limited internet searching, there's no reason a CNTA shouldn't work, but it looks like that's the Audi A3 engine code?
Yeah it is CNTA. I think the first batch of GTIs produced had these engines..I bought mine in 2014

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Figured I’d share this with everyone.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $2,963.49 6% Off | New Sikorsky S-76C++ Helicopter Airplane Rescue Helicopter plane
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOaXTVc

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
I'd probably stick to name-brand pistons (crown/dish are pretty important for proper DI combustion) but there's definitely some vendors rebranding these rods and marking them up 1000%.

Agreed. I acquired Mahle powepak pistons, but went the Chinese route with Maxpeedingrods con rods for the engine build. Some guy on YouTube is running them on a 2jz swapped foxbody stang and has had multiple passes down the strip without issues..so far. I’m not planning to push this car past 550whp so I think these rods will work just fine once the machinist gives the OK to use them. Apparently they come with ARP 2000 bolts as well.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Agreed. I acquired Mahle powepak pistons, but went the Chinese route with Maxpeedingrods con rods for the engine build. Some guy on YouTube is running them on a 2jz swapped foxbody stang and has had multiple passes down the strip without issues..so far. I’m not planning to push this car past 550whp so I think these rods will work just fine once the machinist gives the OK to use them. Apparently they come with ARP 2000 bolts as well.
can you link the rods/pistons combo you bought? I'm curious which CR you went with.

Mksleven

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 gti
can you link the rods/pistons combo you bought? I'm curious which CR you went with.
Went with std size pistons and CR. I have an extra bare brand new short block and crank that I was going to originally use to build the engine. But then AliExpress happened lol

Attachments

• IMG_1358.png
    IMG_1358.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited: