GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inexpensive Lightweight 17" Rims

makinista

Ready to race!
So wantagti you said before that center line wheels are the double of money of the flik for saving only 2 pounds actually are 3 pounds and free shipping in differences. Now you are posting a link of another double of money for only one pound saving lol I don't getting lol. Actually with that offset u will get this with those rotas; The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 10mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 10mm. That D2 it's nice but I wont take a chance on not fitments.:laughabove: :laughabove:

Last edited:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I just posted a link because someone asked. I don't like those D2's at all. The centerlines just look to plain, like JC Whitney looking to me as well. I wish Rota made a fitment in other styles, then I'd gladly pay the difference as I like those better. They told me they'd need an order of 10 or more to make that happen, which I know is impossible on a forum.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
hungti75 said:
looks like the only Rota wheel that'll fit our 5x112 bolt pattern is this one:
the Rota 17" D2
17x7.5/35mm offset/17lbs

[/IMG]

too bad it's a 35mm offset:frown:

Laz

Those WILL work. A 7.5" rim with 35et wouldn't poke the full 10mm difference,...in fact it would be the same flush(within 2mm) as a 8" rim with 45et.

7.5" + 12.5mm(width) = 8" @ 45et = flush(my car)
7.5" + 10mm offset(35et) = my car (- 2.5mm/inset)

makinista

Ready to race!
feuerdog said:
Those WILL work. A 7.5" rim with 35et wouldn't poke the full 10mm difference,...in fact it would be the same flush(within 2mm) as a 8" rim with 45et.

7.5" + 12.5mm(width) = 8" @ 45et = flush(my car)
7.5" + 10mm offset(35et) = my car (- 2.5mm/inset)
:thumbdown: :iono:

Feurdog why are comparing with the 8" with? Did your car came with 8"? My currently wheel width it's 7.5" and the rota D2 it's the same with 7.5 obviously if We change only the ET for 10mm less the wheel will displace 10 mm out coming exactly 10 mm close to the fender, including the sidewall of our tire which it's no flat with the edge of the rim. My conti tire it's like 3 mm sticking out of the rim. If u are making comparisons with different wheel/tire combo like 18" ET35 don't make sense since the sidewall will be less, and in that case, it' will fit.

45mm -35mm=10mm diffe keeping the same width and same tire

makinista

Ready to race!
Ok I see u are comparing the FLIK wheel which it's 8" width ET 45mm.. ok now comparing your Flik with the rotas D2 7.5" width ET 35mm.
The diffe it's;..... The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 16mm MORE
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an EXTRA 4mm. So it's no 2.5mm like you said. It's 4mm extra close than you currently setup and In my opinion your flik are pretty close to the Fenders. Going from 7.5" to 8" width you just had EXTENDED an extra 6mm on "EACH" side of the stock wheel, but with the rota D2 you will displacing 10mm with 16 less inner / FOUR more OUT.

Last edited:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Hmmm. That wheel looks good. I think they told me they had the Jmag available and I just that was it. Should have looked closer to the D2, looks good to me. 18racing seems misleading. Machiii shows the 35 as the only offset and 4 colors.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
So anyone been running the Flik FTDs in the streets for a while now? People use them as track and winter rims, but I've been around these boards for a while, and I've never seen cracked FTDs.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
Good stuff. Edge Racing say they wouldn't sell a product that they wouldn't use themselves. Well, there's a few potholes in Miami, so that gives me some confidence. ;)

Oh and after scratching my ClassicX when the car was new, a requirement for all new tires is to come with rim protection (or whatever they call it).