GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
The software on the 5H0035869A, which is a composition media infotainment system, is different from the 816/820 Discovery infotainment system. 1776 is the latest that I know of for these units.

Yesterday a new TPI has appeared in the German Erwin database named 2070082/1 and is for the 1941 software update. It will take up to a week or two for it to appear in general.
One error I noticed it fixes which I and others have (only RHD) is this:
The EasyEntry function cannot be deactivated/switched off in the radio/navigation system. F...Kin Finally after 3 years.
Other things it fixes is:
The representations/display in the car menu are not correct.
- The radio/navigation system display:
- remains black after switching on.
- turns black when using Apple CarPlay.
- is pixelated when using Google Maps via Apple Carplay.
Sometimes the radio/navigation system switches itself off and on again (reset). This is about the reboots...
Also the usual reverse camera flickering, not displayed or delayed
It would be very helpful Massimo if you could indicate when this TPI 2070082/1 has become live in the UK, my car is due to go into the dealer for rebooting, MPH/KPH after reboot and rear camera flicker. I am hoping that 1 might be able to invoke it as a possible cure as they will probably have no knowledge of it.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
At the moment i only found it available on the german Erwin page..
So we need to wait at least a week or max two for it to appear in other countries.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Why you dont like the easy entry function? I like it a lot really. I only notice that the locking distance has significantly decreased from the golf 7,5 to the 8. This also applies to the opening, and i dont mean the easy entry but open and close for a distance with the fob.

So correct me if I'm wrong but I think the EasyEntry feature is about the electric driver seat function where when the driver door is opened, the driver seat automatically moves to a position which makes it easy to enter and exit the vehicle. The driver seat moves back to its original position automatically as soon as the driver door is closed and the ignition is switched on
I hope that is what they are talking about because it is an issue many are having.
It does say Convenience Entry in the setting so now I have doubts...
VIDEO-2022-11-17-17-55-22.gif
VIDEO-2022-11-17-17-55-22.gif

FlyingDutch

So correct me if I'm wrong but I think the EasyEntry feature is about the electric driver seat function where when the driver door is opened, the driver seat automatically moves to a position which makes it easy to enter and exit the vehicle. The driver seat moves back to its original position automatically as soon as the driver door is closed and the ignition is switched on
I hope that is what they are talking about because it is an issue many are having.
It does say Convenience Entry in the setting so now I have doubts...
View attachment 286442View attachment 286442
Oh im sorry, i dont have any problems with the seats on 1788. Only that i can’t control the heat/blow function due to the ac screen not working.

But you don't like the feature at all? What is the problem they are having ? Maybe i have the same problem but doesn’t it bother me haha

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
so the option to disable the easy entry seat does not work as you can see in the video I posted. I do use it but sometimes I would need to disable it. It seems to effect only Right Hand Drive (RHD) Golf 8 like in the UK and Ireland.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Hopefully asap! I have a dealer appointment on the 28e, and have the reverse camera problem. Also the apple carplay turning black, so need to disable bluetooth and wifi, so i can reconnect, very annoying.

Why you dont like the easy entry function? I like it a lot really. I only notice that the locking distance has significantly decreased from the golf 7,5 to the 8. This also applies to the opening, and i dont mean the easy entry but open and close for a distance with the fob.

That second video looks very familiar except in my case everything locked up :mad:
Have two questions:
When you refer to easy entry is that where as in mine the car unlocks on approach? that is when choosen to in settings
Does anyone use the lights on on approach feature? It was added plus maps in cluster etc. in the 1896 software update.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
When you refer to easy entry is that where as in mine the car unlocks on approach? that is when choosen to in settings
Does anyone use the lights on on approach feature? It was added plus maps in cluster etc. in the 1896 software update.

In the Keyless menu it is called "Unlock vehicle when approaching" also named AutoUnlock.
If you google Easy Entry all the different brands point to the convenient entry function of the electric seat.
Used the lights on on approach feature once and disabled it.

FlyingDutch

so the option to disable the easy entry seat does not work as you can see in the video I posted. I do use it but sometimes I would need to disable it. It seems to effect only Right Hand Drive (RHD) Golf 8 like in the UK and Ireland.
Oh i see! I misunderstood you, sorry. Oh yea now i see what you mean, another bug 😅

That second video looks very familiar except in my case everything locked up :mad:

Yea, it now happens almost daily, so annoying. Yes i do use that feature.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
In the Keyless menu it is called "Unlock vehicle when approaching" also named AutoUnlock.
If you google Easy Entry all the different brands point to the convenient entry function of the electric seat.
Used the lights on on approach feature once and disabled it.
Oh i see! I misunderstood you, sorry. Oh yea now i see what you mean, another bug 😅

Yea, it now happens almost daily, so annoying. Yes i do use that feature.
Thanks for the replies, easy entry - should have thought that one out a bit more Entry vs. Unlocking! The lights on, on approach feature, I tried it out and turned it off, found that every time I moved the fob in the house the car lit up. Not sure but I suppose it would be useful if approaching the car in a large car park at night and auto-unlock turned off.

ianmcuk

So far no mention of OTA update. So will need to visit the dealer...
Oh wow, very bad news when early Mk8s are going out of warranty soon. I wonder if VW will cover problems introduced by their software after the purchase of the car, when it is out of warranty - such as the eTSI 3rd-2nd jerkiness.

FlyingDutch

Oh wow, very bad news when early Mk8s are going out of warranty soon. I wonder if VW will cover problems introduced by their software after the purchase of the car, when it is out of warranty - such as the eTSI 3rd-2nd jerkiness.
My car is already out of warranty, since its only 2 years. My seller sold me that the warranty was until 2025. So he took over the warranty. I need to go to the dealer for the update (im still on 1788) and the diagnostic alone is 140 euro, and then the time it takes to update. My seller is gonna pay tho.

Thanks for the replies, easy entry - should have thought that one out a bit more Entry vs. Unlocking! The lights on, on approach feature, I tried it out and turned it off, found that every time I moved the fob in the house the car lit up. Not sure but I suppose it would be useful if approaching the car in a large car park at night and auto-unlock turned off.
Even when its off it lights up? Your car is near your house? I can see it registering the fob then, cause the field is kinda big. My partner works nights, so he come off at night, and when you have a huge lot, its a nice feature to have, even tho if you unlock you would find it anyway. But the lock and unlock buttons have a significant decrease in range since the 7,5 i had.

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
My car is already out of warranty, since its only 2 years. My seller sold me that the warranty was until 2025. So he took over the warranty. I need to go to the dealer for the update (im still on 1788) and the diagnostic alone is 140 euro, and then the time it takes to update. My seller is gonna pay tho.

Even when its off it lights up? Your car is near your house? I can see it registering the fob then, cause the field is kinda big. My partner works nights, so he come off at night, and when you have a huge lot, its a nice feature to have, even tho if you unlock you would find it anyway. But the lock and unlock buttons have a significant decrease in range since the 7,5 i had.
Yes, parked at the back door and fob detection range is quite large, took the photo below late one night - went up stairs turned off the room lights and the yard was lit up like a Christmas tree o_O - the occasion when it was decided not a great idea around the house. Maybe as I noted and you note useful in other situations also haven't tried it since but lights may not come on during daylight hours and if that's so must be dependent on the auto light sensor.

1689885433874.png