GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

hknakcyr

Good news about the 1941 software coming out, I downloaded it a few months back its a huge improvement no reboots, far quicker everything just works
Is there any information about 2 knobs multimedia? Currently has 1776 version. Will a new version be released?

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Good news about the 1941 software coming out, I downloaded it a few months back its a huge improvement no reboots, far quicker everything just works
Sounds promising Chriz1, but after the last nearly three years experience, I'll quote again - always hope, never expect :unsure:

FlyingDutch

Yes, parked at the back door and fob detection range is quite large, took the photo below late one night - went up stairs turned off the room lights and the yard was lit up like a Christmas tree o_O - the occasion when it was decided not a great idea around the house. Maybe as I noted and you note useful in other situations also haven't tried it since but lights may not come on during daylight hours and if that's so must be dependent on the auto light sensor.

View attachment 286561
Yea it uses the light sensor, cause for me it only works in the dark aswel. Maybe get a metal box to put your key in? So there is no signal?

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine seems to be installing a large update today in the UK OAD. Taking much longer than the usual small ones.

IMG_1951.jpeg

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
A few days ago I had a message on my infotainment screen asking if I wished to carry out a software update. As I was just starting out on a journey home from Heathrow airport using the Sat Nav I declined going ahead with the update.

Will this update be offered again or have I missed out?

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
Can I use the internet from my phone?
Or a subscription to the VW service?
I still think something like that on the old sw 1688

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
A few days ago I had a message on my infotainment screen asking if I wished to carry out a software update. As I was just starting out on a journey home from Heathrow airport using the Sat Nav I declined going ahead with the update.

Will this update be offered again or have I missed out?
You could have accepted the software update, you would get message car won't update if you're driving but will when next time stationery and you should see the software update appear again.