GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment making clicking sound and calling breakdown

Georgia23

Hi, has anyone experienced the infotainment system making a clicking sound while it flicks between different screens and trying to connect to breakdown on its own? My car has done this a few times now and is currently at the dealer and they claim they can’t fix it unless it faults while it’s connected to the computer as it has to give them a fault code?

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure about the clicking sound but my wife's 2023 did something similar once. Kept trying to call breakdown then aborting every few seconds. Trying to reboot the infotainment system didn't help. Fortunately we were only driving a few miles and next time we used the car it was fine. Not happened since. H61 hardware with 1900 software. If it happens again my plan was to video what it was doing then go to dealer.

Georgia23

It seems to be getting more frequent, I’ve managed to pull over and get a couple of videos of it doing it but until it does it while it’s on the computer they say they can’t fix it, very frustrating!

Georgia23

I think so too, but unfortunately the car is behaving perfectly while in their possession and won’t do the fault.

Ozz51

I think so too, but unfortunately the car is behaving perfectly while in their possession and won’t do the fault.
This is what ours was doing last week. Sounds as you described, car is a 23 r- line. Attached is a photo of the call to break down and the video gives the noise hope it’s some use. Update to 1941ota and haven’t so far had it again

Attachments

• e74f59f2-21b6-4285-a932-b118386247cf.jpeg
    e74f59f2-21b6-4285-a932-b118386247cf.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6608.jpeg
    IMG_6608.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 96

Ozz51

This is what ours was doing last week. Sounds as you described, car is a 23 r- line. Attached is a photo of the call to break down and the video gives the noise hope it’s some use. Update to 1941ota and haven’t so far had i

Ozz51

This is what ours was doing last week. Sounds as you described, car is a 23 r- line. Attached is a photo of the call to break down and the video gives the noise hope it’s some use. Update to 1941ota and haven’t so far had i

Sorry it appears video wont post

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife's car also was showing "poor signal" when trying to call breakdown so it sounds like the same problem. Waiting for the car to finish the 1941 update so we will see ...

Georgia23

This is what ours was doing last week. Sounds as you described, car is a 23 r- line. Attached is a photo of the call to break down and the video gives the noise hope it’s some use. Update to 1941ota and haven’t so far had it again
Thank you, sounds the same, my photo is similar to yours, it’s a 23 style edition, been at the dealer for 2 weeks now and they claim as they can’t replicate the fault they can’t fix it, I’ll show them your message, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1059.png
    IMG_1059.png
    10 MB · Views: 79

golf8driver

Hi, I have the same problem, but it's doing that every time I press the Start/Stop button when the car is cold. I think it started to happen when the temperature outside dropped below 5-10C. I've just updated to 1941 and it didn't change anything.

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, it happened again so my wife took it to VW. They say it is a problem with the module in the roof so they have ordered a new one. They have seen a few cars with the same problem.