GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment system tips & tricks

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Hi! I've been playing with Golf MK8 for an hour or so, and here's what I've already found in the Composition Radio system:

1. Force reboot
Press and hold volume control knob/button, wait for the system to turn off the display, release the button, wait for the system to start.

2. Service mode (trigger update, check FEC/SWaP status)
Turn the system on, press and hold on the BACK square on the display, wait for the service mode to appear on the display.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I’m confused 🤔. You appear to have knobs. Two of them. When did the Mk8 Golf have knobs. Is this a very new Mk8 which has been updated with knobs fitted. I wish I had a knob (or two).

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes that is the smaller brother , composition media with an 8.25 inch screen and no VW navigation or Wifi , so no AA wireless or Carplay Wireless…
You wont find these in the Irish market , dont know in the Uk.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Are the knobs on the 8.25 screen a new thing or been fitted for a while? Either way, why can’t the 10.2 screen have them. Obviously they can’t be retro fitted.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
These are standard on the Golf 8 Life/Style/R-line in Germany.
And no you cannot retrofit it , you would be missing features and in a way it's a downgrade......... I know the knobs, the knobs..:ROFLMAO:

KB6NQW

Has anyone found out how to copy media to the MK VIII R from your phone, either with Blue Tooth, or connected by the USB-C cable?
I've been able to stream to the car, but I wanted to store music on it.
Also, how do I delete the "canned" Carbon Dioxide Podcast that came with the car? :-(

CH47AV8R

Has anyone found out how to copy media to the MK VIII R from your phone, either with Blue Tooth, or connected by the USB-C cable?
I've been able to stream to the car, but I wanted to store music on it.
Also, how do I delete the "canned" Carbon Dioxide Podcast that came with the car? :-(
AFAIK you cannot copy files to/from the car.
You can play files on mass media devices thru the car via USB-C.
Check your specific user manual to confirm.