GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering's Official IE450T Golf R turbo kit release thread

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie

Integrated Engineering is proud to finally announce the availability of our IE450T turbo kit for the MK6 Golf R. We are proud to be first to bring the power of a twin-scroll EFR BorgWarner turbocharger in a complete bolt-on kit to the market. Transform your MK6 Golf R into a 450+bhp monster, without any dramatic increases in spool time, reaching 435 ft-lbs of torque at all four wheels, at a mere 3300rpm!

By employing true twin-scroll technology into the cast turbo manifold and pairing it with a state-of-the-art BorgWarner EFR turbocharger, spool time is kept to a minimum, delivering the fastest-spooling big turbo setup to the market.

Dyno Charts
While still remaining within the limits of the factory engine internals on 91 octane, the IE450T kit produces just that- 450bhp. As you can see in the dyno plot below, this kit packs a big punch and does not add on much turbo lag from the factory K04 setup it replaces.

For more advance customers with built shortblocks, a 100 octane file will further release the power of the IE450T turbo kit. With no further modifications this file is capable of over 450 horsepower and 460 ft/lbs torque to all four wheels! (Coming Soon)

Customer Review

Kit components

IE450T Software
The IE450T software features the proper fueling and timing adjustments to increase the power output to approximately 450bhp without any adjustments needed, just the matching hardware. The software is designed with OEM drivability in mind, keeping the smooth Golf R powerband intact, while greatly increasing the power output.

The included software also uses the IE Pro features of no-lift shift and launch control. As soon as the ECU is flashed, it is updated with these features, making for a truly transformed driving experience.

Software Delivery
Software delivery is made easy. Included with each turbo kit is our IE PowerLink device, which allows the end user to flash the ECU in the comfort of his or her driveway. This tool can also be used to flash other files to the ECU, such as the 100 octane version, which will be released soon for customers with built shortblocks.

BorgWarner EFR6758 Twin-Scroll Turbocharger
Featuring a billet compressor wheel and mixed-flow Gamma-Ti turbine wheel, the EFR turbochargers are known to spool quicker than the competition, with impressive transient response. With robust ceramic ball bearings housed in the CHRA and a stainless steel turbine housing, the EFR turbos are made with longevity in mind. Each turbo is modified for proper fitment by use of custom made fixtures and test stations. Wastegate preload is set in-house at IE, ensuring proper boost levels right out of the box.

IE twin-scroll cast stainless exhaust manifold
Bringing true twin-scroll technology to the table, the included cast stainless steel turbo manifold is machined with a T4 flange to mate to the EFR turbo. Extra attention was paid to the mount flanges, keeping them as thick as possible to remove any chance of gasket failure. Custom made Monel studs and nuts are used to securely fasten the turbo without losing torque as they are heat cycled.

IE Downpipe
The included V-band downpipe is made from 3” stainless steel, which is mandrel bent and fabricated to directly fit the MK6 Golf R chassis. It incorporates a stainless steel flex section, which allows the engine movement under normal operation, eliminating chances of cracking. At the bottom of the down pipe, a 3" V-band is welded on, which directly bolts to the IE midpipe (sold separately).

IE Cast Piping & Housings
For proper and consistent mass air flow readings, a USA cast MAF sensor housing has been designed with a fully machined internal diameter and mount bosses. The cast outlet pipe is also a direct replacement for the factory turbo outlet, and is fully machined for factory mount points. These cast items are finished with a long-life black powdercoat finish.

IE Silicone
Included are the necessary silicone couplers to plumb the MAF housing and the turbo outlet to the intercooler. These are all made from thick 4-ply, Nylon-reinforced silicone, which is finished in a glossy black color. All needed clamps are included as well, which are designed specifically for use with silicone, keeping them tight without tearing the couplers.

Lines & hardware
The IE450T kit includes oil and coolant plumbing that has been designed for the specific application, with use of mandrel-bent hard lines and heat protection in critical areas. All necessary adapters and flanges are included to make plumbing a simple, plug-and-play task. The complex turbo inlet pipe uses a special adapter for seamless integration with the valve cover breather adapter. No modification of factory lines is needed, as each line replaces each OEM piece entirely. Everything is needed for installation of the kit components, every last gasket, nut, bolt, clamp, and even a set of pre-gapped Denso Iridium spark plugs.

The IE450T kit was designed with the enthusiast in mind; the person who wants to increase the power from their car without removing any of the fun from it. It is designed to directly bolt on to the car without any fabrication or frustration. With the IE450T turbo kit, performance has been perfected.

Visit our website for a full list of features, components, pricing, and information!

Last edited:
7000$!! Lucky the ones who have waited probably have earned enough interests on their savings to pay for this.. Figures aren't that far off APR kit, which spool at 100rpm later and have 10hp less.. Its a beautiful hardware just not sure I d psy that much for it

Krog29

Ready to race!
Awesome product guys! Been saving for this since I first heard of it. Waiting for the gti version to come out.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
which spool at 100rpm later and have 10hp less.

Comparing there dyno to ours yes, it may look like that. You must remember that our dyno is located at 5000 feet, there is a lot more RPM difference at elevation vs. sea level. On the same pavement, there is a massive difference between the spool time between our twin-scroll EFR and a GTX mounted turbo.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
R.I.P. Clutches and Tires.

I want this in the worst way.

7 Gs though.
+intercooler
+HPFP
+Clutch/Flywheel

To do this right would be 10 Grand.

Still want.

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
Interesting

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
R.I.P. Clutches and Tires.

I want this in the worst way.

7 Gs though.
+intercooler
+HPFP
+Clutch/Flywheel

To do this right would be 10 Grand.

Still want.
Since you put it that way, I'm already 30% of the way there:laugh: what surprises me is that you have none of that yet!

I want this too! For me it all depends on if I keep the R and go stage 3 or get a MT '16 R. I'm saving up in the meantime for either.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Since you put it that way, I'm already 30% of the way there

This is exactly why we do not include the intake, HPFP, intercooler, or mid-pipe into the kit. A lot of owners will already have these items and the kit would obviously be more expensive with them, you wouldn't want to buy parts you already have.

No doubt about the IE quality & EFR performance BUT everyone speak about the same issue "PRICE" !!

You will be hard pressed to find a kit with this fitment, finish quality, USA manufactured castings and in-house CNC billet pieces. There is only one other kit on the market with a similar quality, and the other is using a much cheaper turbo charger (before modifications to the turbo). Without the turbo, our kit would be a little over 4000.00 with software. Also, we are not just pulling out an EFR from the box and shipping it to you... we had to make a lot of modifications to the already expensive EFR turbo to fit the massive twin scroll onto the car, including designing and welding a cast elbow, custom in-house made wastegate bracket, wastegate actuator modifications, CNC diverter valve block-off, fabricated in-house clocking fixture (all hand measured and verified to the mm). And that is just the turbo work! Also items such as the custom perfect fit OE quality oil/coolant lines that require no splicing/cutting/extending/modifying the OE lines.. they are a direct quality replacement. The manifold includes hard track tested monel hardware and gaskets to make sure there is no manifold leaks (anyone owning a big turbo car before knows this can be irritating). The USA cast MAF housing and charge outlet receive CNC machining after casting with very generous hose bosses and end stops to ensure silicone stays in place for the lifetime of the vehicle (again, DIY turbo kit owners know all too well how annoying blowing off charge pipes can be), the MAF housing is perfectly sized and receives a hone for very efficient air flow readings. These are just a few features that goes into a kit of this quality. This is not a run of the mill quickly welded together piping with imported pieces to shove everything into the bay. Every aspect has been thoroughly worked to make sure these kits operate as if it came away from the factory... it all looks, feels, and operates at the highest quality with reliability. This is not a 3500.00 fabricated kit, and it could absolutely NOT be done with the quality standard that we operate by at that price... however, the performance and long life reliability absolutely shows. It is not cheap to manufacture this way, that is why there are only two kits of this quality available... but in the end those who are after the highest quality parts will be grateful. I can not agree that the price is an issue, it simply couldn't exist at 4, 5, or 6 grand.

This is all before we even get into the massive R&D time spent chassis and engine dyno testing, street testing, track testing, endurance, daily, and thousands of miles spent checking data and revisions at high altitude, sea level, desert 110+ heat, cold freezing temperatures, city driving, track laps, and so on.

Is the price going to be too high for some? Yes, we knew that before we started. There are plenty of people who are happy with smaller turbo/K04 performance, and that is great! K04 cars are fun, and pack in a lot of performance for the cost. This kit id for those that want the highest power, with the most reliability, in a very high quality package that matches the quality of the car. The same quality that originally had you buying the car in the first place. The IE450T kit is a whole new ball game from a K03/4, its the difference between a quick street car and a serious performer that will take on cars with much more performance than the Golf R bracket... especially when you factor in the incredibly fast spool times and massive power band. AND there is a lot more power available in these kits as they grow with engine internals, upcoming IE fueling solutions, and higher octane/water meth. The base IE450T file is just the beginning and on the lower side of the kits ability.

True, if i recall correctly, Tyler had originally said it would be priced around $6500...

Yes I did, I said at the time it was a rough estimate and I didn't have a final price yet but it looked like we were going to be around 6500.00 or so. We don't pull these numbers out of thin air, there is a TON of components and work in these.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
well I don't have an R but subbing for results when someone gets this. Looks like an awesome kit!

There have been quite a few kits shipping out before and since the full release. I'm sure you will start seeing more user results on these. Two customer kits were just installed this week. One in Las Vegas, and one in Florida.