GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler hose leaking oil

sid.curtis

So I have recently bought a 2010 Golf gt tsi, driving to work the other day and it went into limp mode not going above 3k rpm, checked the oil as soon as i got to work (5 minute drive) and it seemed to be empty. Put some oil into it only to come back later to it pooling out underneath. After having a look it’s leaking out of my inter cooler hose and seems to be essentially draining my oil.

Is there a chance it’s just the hose or connector that needs replacing? Have been told it could be a good sign the turbo is on its way out.
IMG_7301.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7300.jpeg
    IMG_7300.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4

GolNat

Autocross Champion
how much oil did you need to add to get it to register on the dip stick?

sid.curtis

how much oil did you need to add to get it to register on the dip stick?
So i added about 500ml at first and then noticed it dripping out the bottom when i came back to it. Then added another 1000ml or so and it took the dipstick to halfway. Drove it home and back to work and it was down to 1/4 of the way

sid.curtis

Had a look and it seems that the O ring on the intercooler hose was worn, have ordered a new one and hoping that sorts it.

unsure if it could still mean something else is wrong and the oil was very milky coming out so we will see.
IMG_7309.jpeg
IMG_7308.jpeg

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Milky oil? Head gasket?
That still doesn't explain why you'd have oil in your IC piping.
Cold side turbo could have a leak and the oil gets to your piping from there...
PCV system may have failed (can check easily, by letting car idle and then seeing if undoing the oil cap makes it run rough, which means its still intact, if nothing changes then issue).
I think.