GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting/useless observation.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
After giving my GTE a wash this morning I drove into the garage. For some reason I started opening the door before coming to a stop. Much to my surprise a buzzer went off and I came to an immediate and sudden stop. Just thought I would share this information since one day if your braking leg fails to work you can brake by opening the door 🤔🙄😳.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
You're right that is interesting, I often creep with diver's door open (!) while lining car up in my garage; if opened door isn't between wall pillar ribs there isn't sufficient room for me to get out. (tight garage fit), Also, one CAN perform handbrake or J-turns should one be so inclined using electronic parking brake. I know because I dropped something in gear lever area, and while fumbling for it I pulled EPC lever and the car stopped with rear wheels locked, fortunatetly at very low speed....

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Parking sensors will also stop you. A few times my parking sensors freaked out while parking and my car came to a sudden stop, thinking that I won't stop before hitting something.