GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior monitoring

Auds22

Is there any way to turn off interior monitoring completely, I have dogs and I regularly walk away from car and it kicks off where I've forgotten to hit slider on screen before leaving car, what is the idea of it, so someone can't escape???? Thanks

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I don’t think there’s a way to switch it off permanently - AFAIK it can only be temporarily deactivated each time interior monitoring isn’t required. It used to be much easier to deactivate on earlier generations of VW; there was a physical button on the lower section of the driver’s side B pillar trim, but sadly buttons, switches and knobs in VW‘s seem to be fast becoming a thing of the past.
what is the idea of it, so someone can't escape???? Thanks
Ha ha. No, its not to stop occupants escaping. The idea of it is presumably to sound the alarm in situations where an unauthorised person gains access to the car‘s interior e.g. by breaking a window. If the physical act of breaking the window does not set off the alarm, then movement of the intruder within the car should be picked up by the interior motion sensors.

JohnF

Real dumb question what is o or off (blue or plain) on the interior monitoring touch button on Golf 8. Recently returned to car after a 9 hour ferry crossing to find flat battery. Assume it was to do with alarm, most embarrassing as we were front of queue! Thanks

Auds22

I have to turn it off before I get out of the car when dogs are in it as they can set alarm off inside, its a pain as I'll regularly forget and will be in shop and here it going off. Dont think turning it off affects external alarm if set off.

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
On previous VW’s you used to be able to push the lock button on the remote twice. This would disable the deadlock and the interior monitoring, is this still available on the new Golf?

I can’t test it myself as I’m in the huge queue awaiting a new car!!

Auds22

On previous VW’s you used to be able to push the lock button on the remote twice. This would disable the deadlock and the interior monitoring, is this still available on the new Golf?

I can’t test it myself as I’m in the huge queue awaiting a new car!!
I have tried this i think it works but then i doubt myself and go back and open car and turn it off on screen again 🤦

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
I have tried this i think it works but then i doubt myself and go back and open car and turn it off on screen again 🤦
I used to test this with an open window, lock the car and leave it for a couple of minutes and then go and wave my hands through the window.
Or if you have kids, get them to sit in the car whilst you lock it and then tell them to start jumping around 😄
Added: you could also then test that the deadlock feature is disabled, as you through the open window, or the kids inside the car should be able to unlock and open a door.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
I found interior monitor switch from settings menu. I did not test will it disabled completely...

chrisfr

I have trouble even finding WHERE to disable it temporarily. Can any kind soul help me out where in the settings to find it?

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Check menu Car > Outside > swipe until you will find central locking settings.
Try if it helps.

chrisfr

Thanks for the answer tos!

Unfortunately I can't find anything regarding internal monitoring on the central locking page.
All I can see are if central unlocking will unlock all doors, or simply the drivers door.
There's also some window comfort setting on the same page.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
It is that red one...
Green one was activated via obd11, it is alarm blip sound when lock/unlock

1659455868956.png

1659455734883.png

tos

Go Kart Newbie
What software version you have? Maybe it is the problem, I have the latest 1896

chrisfr

Yeah that is probably it, im on old 1668.

Attachments

• 19C4D85F-9CDD-44FB-BF2D-B3E94D7C9F8F.jpeg
    19C4D85F-9CDD-44FB-BF2D-B3E94D7C9F8F.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 56