GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intrusive traction control issues

SD-GTI

Car(s)
2020 GTI, 2019 M2C
2020 GTI SE w/ PP and manual transmission…

I am in “sport” mode and have traction control turned off by hitting the button on the center console, which gives me the little light on the dash. This prevents the nannies from engaging about 90% of the time, but on certain turns (especially banked or off camber turns) it feels as if the computer is cutting power momentarily in quick on and off cycles until my traction is better and I’m unwinding the steering wheel.

Using an OBD Eleven, can I code this out so that the traction control/ASR/ESC whatever you want to call it is 100% turned off? I read a lot of threads talking about ASR but I don’t see anything on my car with that acronym. I just want to kill it entirely when I’m on the track.. I haven’t been able to find a clear answer on this for my specific model year w the manual trans.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
There are two separate systems in play here.

ASR. Anti-slip regulation. This is what is commonly called "traction control". This is what helps prevent wheel spin on take off, when you are stuck, etc. You can turn just this on/off.

ESC. Electronic stability control. This is what controls side to side/yaw. You can turn this to "Sport" mode so ECS Sport which sounds like what you are doing. ECS Sport INCLUDES ASR off.

You want to code it so you can have ECS OFF which can be done with VCDS/OBDEleven, coding is all over with some teaching you can find it easily. ECS OFF includes ASR Off. I have mine set up to have the choice of ECS Sport or OFF. ASR Off is redundant to me.