Not open for further replies.

gman32888

stick noobie
this thing is insane.......

Never experienced anything like this...

Doctor7474

Ready to race!
what is this ipad thing?

An over sized iphone that can't make phone calls, that a huge marketing campaign has made Apple fan boys believe they can not live with out it, that costs 10$ to make in China and sold here for 500$ while Steve Jobs sits at home laughing maniacally in disbelief in how sheeple will buy anything?

SCXR

Passed Driver's Ed
An over sized iphone that can't make phone calls, that a huge marketing campaign has made Apple fan boys believe they can not live with out it, that costs 10$ to make in China and sold here for 500$ while Steve Jobs sits at home laughing maniacally in disbelief in how sheeple will buy anything?

I'm pretty sure you'll die within 6 months if you don't buy one.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10451132-1.html

On a serious note, I don't plan on buying it but I recommended it for my 73 year old Mom so she can get on the Internet. I think it has it's place. The real money for Apple will come from the App store. Their business model is genius. I think they're the only company that makes large amounts of money on both the hardware and software side.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
ALWAYS wait for the 2nd or thrid gen hardware release with APPLE. By that time the POS you're buying will probably have everything the first gen should have.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
if it had full on OSX and was a real mac I'd be all over it, can't think of anything that would be cooler for playing sets than an iPad with ableton live... but since it isn't a real computer all I can think is who honestly needs an oversized iPod touch. Somebody needs to slap apple for not making a real computer with a touch screen. I'd totally love to get down on ableton live with a touch screen in OSX.

gman32888

stick noobie
THERE IS A WHOLE THREAD ON IT, THE SEARCH MAY HAVE FOUND IT FYI.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112555

First off, that was before it was released. No one put their hands on it till recently.

Please grow up.

As for the review.

The ipad is actually pretty ridiculous. The screen is amazing and the battery life pretty crazy. There is no lag at all and most sites come up instantly. When I bring it home it syncs instantly with my computer and drops off any notes I make into my documents folder. I do not have an iphone so I do not know how it compares to that.

To the people saying it's just an Iphone with a bigger screen and no call capacity... My intention is not having it as a phone, it is for academic and business purposes (solely) and have power points easily displayed without the hastle of bringing my laptop to class.

Blackboard a site used by my school also has an app on the ipad which instantly downloads any updates made by my professor right onto the device.

When I'm walking b.w classes and I need to send out emails quickly it becomes handy (some classes don't have wifi because some of the professors complain.) I run my own business and I can see some of these apps really making my life easier.

What I found annoying is that the PC does not charge the ipad when it's plugged in. I will be complaining about that later today.

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
if it had full on OSX and was a real mac I'd be all over it, can't think of anything that would be cooler for playing sets than an iPad with ableton live... but since it isn't a real computer all I can think is who honestly needs an oversized iPod touch. Somebody needs to slap apple for not making a real computer with a touch screen. I'd totally love to get down on ableton live with a touch screen in OSX.

LOL that was my first thought when rumors about the ipad were floating around. I was hoping for full on OSX so i could run ableton for live sets.

utekineir

Banned
anyone have an idea if numbers (spreadsheet program) can save and share an online file version with desktop? seamless update kinda thing, rather than clumsy backing up and opening etc.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
If the iPad had the full osx, it'd be sweet if it had the same track pad function as the newer macbooks.

gman32888

stick noobie
anyone have an idea if numbers (spreadsheet program) can save and share an online file version with desktop? seamless update kinda thing, rather than clumsy backing up and opening etc.

I will let you know as soon as I work with this thing for a bit. So far it does not let me save items from certain sites. Seems like you need to preload certain things unless you have a specific app.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
BRO I WAS USING IT IN THE APPLE STORE AND BRO IT WAS LIKE A HUGE ITOUCH BRO THE THING IS SICK BRO I WANNA PUT ONE IN MY CAR BRO!

In dash receiver so far has been the best recommended use for it, other than using it as a coaster to protect my italian marble bar top.

Status
Not open for further replies.