GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPod connection?

Stevep33

Does anyone know if an iPod or other media player can be connected to the Golf 8? I have bought the relevant cable to connect but I get the message 'media not supported'.

Gazinet

You can connect it using a USB cable to one of the USB C ports. You will need an adapter.

Dave-C

I think it depends on the model of iPod. I tried an old iPod I used successfully in my old Mk6 Golf GT and got the message "Sorry this USB device is not supported". I'm not sure if more recent iPods will work. Not sure I would fork out the money for a new iPod touch, when I don't know whether it'll work.

So far I've just used my iPhone, connected via USB or Bluetooth, but I will want a bigger capacity media device so will explore using a USB memory stick.

Stevep33

I was told by the dealer receptionist that her husband had the same problem and that newer iPods are OK. That was after I had bought various leads and connections. I gave up!

Stevep33

I bought an MP 3 player (admittedly not a very expensive one) and kept getting the same message - media not supported, even when trying to connect through Bluetooth.