GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iRacing

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Anyone here use iRacing? I used to spend a lot of time in GT5 until I tried iRacing, then time in GT5 went down to nothing.. if it wasn't for the Nurburgring being in GT5 and not in iRacing I probably wouldn't play GT5 at all. The physics and attention to detail in iRacing are just that much better. You do have to pay for it, but you get what you pay for.

shaunraney

That guy.
I was A-Class Oval when I stopped using it. I want to start using it again but I need some sort of cockpit set up because I don't have a computer desk anymore.

Truck racing was my favorite.

shaunraney

That guy.
So I finally cracked and went back to iRacing last night. Built a full cockpit rig over the weekend. Racing seat should be here tomorrow.

I used the Simul8r plans off the web, worked like a charm. Cost me about 60 bucks for all the PVC from Lowes and another 50 for the seat shipped. I had 3/4" MDF at home already.

Here's the plans. I didn't do the shifter mount, and I put a bigger top on mine so I didn't have to use machine screws to mount the steering wheel. I still have the big 35" bar on the right side though. Works like a freaking charm.

Name on iRacing is Shaun Raney

Here's the link to his thread on LumenLab http://lumenlab.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28016&st=0

and Here's a pic of the finished product (his not mine):

utekineir

Banned
That's a pretty slick looking setup.

Any impressions on how sturdy the PVC is for that kind of use?

I'd bet my fat ass would have it creaking and warping.

shaunraney

That guy.
It's incredibly sturdy. I'm 320 lbs and 6'7 no creaking or breakage. Wheel doesn't wobble. Seat is coming tomorrow for final build, so I'll no for sure then but I dont anticipate a problem.

utekineir

Banned
Nice, i'm around 240, 6'3. May have to put my play seat up for sale and build one of these next time I want a driving game chair. Looks very easy to build. Looks like could be easily modified to store vertically, if it doesn't already.

Cool racing seat. It would be even cooler to mount a big flat screen behind the wheel. A buddy of mine had that set-up in his garage.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I used to play the Papyrus based NASCAR sims (ALL of them)... I used to be BOMB at painting cars too...

I'd play iRacing if I had a computer to run it. I did build a PVC cockpit for Forza 3 that will fit most wheel/pedal set-ups.